Gx 470 Uncomfortable Drivers Seat

count

I have a 2004 GX 470 with less than 30k miles. The drivers seat is unbearable. The lumbar support is too low and causes backaches if I use it. The seats are too short and hard for long trips. I am of normal size for a man(5'11"--180#). Does anyone have any suggestions for modifications or proper seat adjustments to prevent backaches?

I also have a 2004 GX with 21,000 miles on it. I have never found the drivers seat to be uncomfortable at all. I had it on one 4,000 mile trip from Wisconsin to Phoenix and back and it was just fine. I adjusted the seat every so often along the way just to change my position somewhat, but I was never uncomforatble. Was your seat always like that or has it gottem worse over time?

I also have a 2004 GX with 21,000 miles on it. I have never found the drivers seat to be uncomfortable at all. I had it on one 4,000 mile trip from Wisconsin to Phoenix and back and it was just fine. I adjusted the seat every so often along the way just to change my position somewhat, but I was never uncomforatble. Was your seat always like that or has it gottem worse over time?

I noticed I was having back discomfort for a few weeks after I bought the car but didn't connect it to my car seat. When I uninflated the lumbar support, my bachaches went away after a few days so now I simply do not use lumbar support. In my Jeep Grand Cherokee I always used it at its most inflated (forward support) position and it was comfortable for long trips. How tall are you?

The driver's seat is the reason I bought my GX 470

I had a Touareg that had a great seat; the lumbar support adjusted up and down vertically in the seat back and the heater heated the lumbar support as well. When my small local dealership closed I switched to a Lincoln Aviator. The Aviator seat was terrible for me and I had a backache every day when I arrived at work.

I went to the Indy auto show last winter and sat in every luxury SUV that would tow a boat. The GX had a great seat for me. I'm 5'8" and adjust the seat cushion at maximum height, and the seat back fqairly straight- kind of like a dining room chair with arms. I haven't had a back ache with the GX at all.

The GX is the best SUV I have owned, so I hope you can get the right sear adjustment for you.

I have a 2004 GX 470 with less than 30k miles. The drivers seat is unbearable. The lumbar support is too low and causes backaches if I use it. The seats are too short and hard for long trips. I am of normal size for a man(5'11"--180#). Does anyone have any suggestions for modifications or proper seat adjustments to prevent backaches?

Our 2004 GX 470 driver's seat is comfortable with lumbar adjustments feeling fine. It does seem to help on longer drives to reposition the seat settings to increase comfort. Raising and lowering the seat is sometimes forgotten when adjusting the seat. Rember to also adjust the steering wheel as the angle and reach of your arms can affect back feelings. We wish the passenger seat had lumbar. Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Our 2004 GX 470 driver's seat is comfortable with lumbar adjustments feeling fine. It does seem to help on longer drives to reposition the seat settings to increase comfort. Raising and lowering the seat is sometimes forgotten when adjusting the seat. Rember to also adjust the steering wheel as the angle and reach of your arms can affect back feelings. We wish the passenger seat had lumbar. Good Luck!

Thanks for the tip. It seems to help.

• 1 month later...