Being Taken By Dealer Airbag Light Issue Is300 Plz Help...

zak1234

My AIRBAG light is always on(not blinking) on my dash. I Was wondering if their is a way to reset it or test this? I bought my 2002 IS300 with the drivers and rear drivers side doors hit( accident). The drivers side Roof and drivers seat airbags were deployed, however I replaced those two air bags a couple of days ago and now all I see is a solid Airbag light on my dash. What would be the best way to diagnose this problem?

Who did the airbag replacement? Only the 2 airbags went off? Has the car itself been repaired?( I mean the damage from the accident.) Sometimes when the body shop fixes the damage, they don't replace the sensors or reset the crush sensors in that area of the car. As it sounds like the airbags were fixed seperately? so they wouldn't have been able to check them. So, you'll probably have to take it in and find out if the sensors are good or need to be replaced.

Yes the car has been repaired. I replaced the Airbags myself. I connected the harness for the roof airbag, however I noticed today that under my drivers seat the airbag harness is not connected. I'm wonder why its disconnected - i.e I'm fearing if I connect the harness, would it deploy the drivers and roof airbags...

Who did the airbag replacement? Only the 2 airbags went off? Has the car itself been repaired?( I mean the damage from the accident.) Sometimes when the body shop fixes the damage, they don't replace the sensors or reset the crush sensors in that area of the car. As it sounds like the airbags were fixed seperately? so they wouldn't have been able to check them. So, you'll probably have to take it in and find out if the sensors are good or need to be replaced.

Yeah man, slow down. Air bags are not something you can just drop in unless you know what your doing. I would at this point, take it in to the dealer. Have them hook up the ODB II and make sure the crush sensors are cleared. And that there isn't any message in the sytem that is still telling the car to deploy the airbags so fourth, and to make sure the trigger sensors are working properly. Then, once it's clear, you can hook up the airbags.

The airbag system works together with the antilock brakes, seatbelts, and sensors placed around the car. You might want to make sure they are all working right before you go any further.

yep only thing is they want $2200 to diagnose - not worth $2200. I thought their was a ohm test etc etc

Yeah man, slow down. Air bags are not something you can just drop in unless you know what your doing. I would at this point, take it in to the dealer. Have them hook up the ODB II and make sure the crush sensors are cleared. And that there isn't any message in the sytem that is still telling the car to deploy the airbags so fourth, and to make sure the trigger sensors are working properly. Then, once it's clear, you can hook up the airbags.

The airbag system works together with the antilock brakes, seatbelts, and sensors placed around the car. You might want to make sure they are all working right before you go any further.

2200???? For just diagnostics??

Then I would crack open a phone book, sit down with the phone and start calling around to repair shops, like authorized body collision shops and see if you can get a better price that way. Maybe call your insurance company and see who they recommend. That way you can tell them your ins. is sending you to them, but the money for the repair is coming out of your pocket. Alot of times they will work with you on the pricing and such.