"va-voom" And Clicking Sound In From Front Brakes

whulu42

Does anyone experience a 'clicking' sound when turning at a 45 degree angle? This only happens when the car has sat and I'm backing out of a parking space. I back out then turn 45 degrees to go straight and here a clicking in the front end. I've been told this is the brake pads shifting and is normal.

As well, when I go down my drive way, after making a sharp turn and driving down a steep angle, taking my foot off the brakes I always get a discharge sound like "Va-voom", and the brake pad sometime vibrates, sometimes does not. I've been told this is the ABS discharging?

Anyone?

Yes, the clicking sound you hear is normal. Even BMW's make that clicking sound.

As for the "va-voom" sound,,,,LOL!!! I guess my imagination just isn't quite that good. But I can tell you that brake rotors are really susceptible to rust and bedris very quickly. So as the car first begins to move, the brake pads are actually cleaning the surface of the rotors off. That can sometimes sound rough.

The ABS solenoid valve is a closed system. The only point of discharge sits just under the main spring and valve seat to allow the pressure to drop within the system, thereby reducing brake pressure. If your ABS system is discharging, while backing down the driveway, you have a very serious ABS malfunction and need to stop driving that car right away!!! LOL!!!!!

Yes, the clicking sound you hear is normal. Even BMW's make that clicking sound.

As for the "va-voom" sound,,,,LOL!!! I guess my imagination just isn't quite that good. But I can tell you that brake rotors are really susceptible to rust and bedris very quickly. So as the car first begins to move, the brake pads are actually cleaning the surface of the rotors off. That can sometimes sound rough.

The ABS solenoid valve is a closed system. The only point of discharge sits just under the main spring and valve seat to allow the pressure to drop within the system, thereby reducing brake pressure. If your ABS system is discharging, while backing down the driveway, you have a very serious ABS malfunction and need to stop driving that car right away!!! LOL!!!!!

Thanks smooth. I don't get the "Va-voom" sound while backing down driveway, I'm going down normally. I also seem to get this "va-voom" with the clicking sound when turning the car. This only happens once, after the car has been sitting I'm backing out of a parking space when i go to turn and take my foot off the brakes

I get the Va-Voom and clicking sounds. The car was just pre-certified by lexus so I'm hoping the ABS isn't seriously damaged. They say the clicking is normal but I was not able to re-produce the "va-voom" for them.

I'm going back soon. THe brakes have worked fine in all situations. It's just not knowing what these two noises are

that is bugging me.

As well. I hit a deep pothole the other day-right front tire. Rim is not bent, alignment is fine but I'm thinking I should have the car checked anyway just to be thorough-to see if anything was damaged.