Trunk Gas Struts

JWhite

whats your ls model year? my '90 doesnt have struts for trunk, only for hood

[/quote

After a call to the Lexus Dealership I was quoted a price for the struts that hold up the trunk. $207.00 ea. I had to laugh. Is there an after market part that will work or does anyone know where I can ge these a little less expensive?

I got a pair for my 430 on ebay from Figs engineering for less than $50. They work fine & were a breeze to install. Good luck!

Thanks for the information. My struts are not visiable like the 430. Mine are behind the trunk hinges and look to be smaller in length. Anyway, I tried to locate FIgs Engineering on ebay and couldn't find them. Would you happen to have the link?

Thanks again,

John

Come to find out the Trunk struts for the SC 430 are the exact strut length wise etc. which can be purchased on e-Bay for $65.00 a pair, but the SC 430 strut has a ball and cup on the ends and mine are some sort of clip on. Looks like I am out of luck unless I can fabricate something so it would fit. Any ideas :(