Vin Check

qha_vn

a friend of mine wants to buy a ls430 2001, he send me the VIN to check but i cant find it on carfax or is-it-a-lemon. he said he is really sure that he read the VIN right

any idea? is the VIN different in markets other then US? if yes, where else can i check?

the VIN to check is JTHBN30F200044354

Something definitely wrong with the VIN. VINs are international, the first character tells you what part of the world the car is from. J (as in your case) stands for Japan.

The 3rd character maybe an 8 rather than an H. I'd ask your friend to get the vin from a different location. The driver's side pillar is usually better.

Good Luck.

These web sites are helpful.

http://www.autocheck.com/consumers/car-fac...e-vin-decode.do

http://www.analogx.com/cgi-bin/cgivin.exe

a friend of mine wants to buy a ls430 2001, he send me the VIN to check but i cant find it on carfax or is-it-a-lemon. he said he is really sure that he read the VIN right

any idea? is the VIN different in markets other then US? if yes, where else can i check?

I work for a Lexus dealer. There is no information for this VIN in my system however the digits seem accurate. It doesn't come up as an invalid VIN, just not supported.

i googled string "JTHBN30F" and I am sure it is the correct start of the 17 digit vin, i played with the remaining string with many different possibilities ie. O in place of 0 (zero)...etc all wont work

if the vin is designed for international use, could it be altered or faked?

btw, my friend confirms that he read the vin correctly coz he did it with another person

i am having this exact same problem.

i purchased a 92 LS400 used last week, and wanted to register the VIN on lexus' website. however, it says that the number is invalid, despite my best efforts of checking and re-checking the VIN off the car itself. i can't seem to find it on carfax, either. what is this an indication of?

btw i read off the driver's side door pillar. can't seem to see the one on the dash.