03 Ls 430 Ac Drain Tube Lofcation?

autoban

• 2 years later...

I have a 03 ls 430 and my ac drain tubes are clogged. DOes anyone know where they are are at so I can clean them out? I looked around underneath and did not see them? Thanks

I have the same problem. The rear carpet on the passenger side is soaking wet! It so wet that if you were to stomp your feet you would hear a slat slat sound. That much water cant come from a leaking seal... no way. Where are these AC drain tubes?

Any help would be much appreciated

CJ

I just looked at the 2006 documentation and didn't find anything really specific. The general picture and one comment suggests that there are two drain tubes for the front AC system, both probably coming out near the bottom of the firewall. From the rear carpet comment, at least one problem may be with the rear unit. See attached.Lexus_Repair_Manual_Section_55_Air_Conditioning_System_page_12.pdf

• 13 years later...

2005 Lexus LS 430 AC drain hose location inside the cabin through the passenger floorboard. Images show clearing tube and drying out carpets. The drain tube runs down the passenger side of the center console and down through the passenger floorboard. The carpet has a thick foam pad and when the drain tube is clogged water runs down from the top of the tube area into the carpet pad along the side of the console and the pad gets soaked all the way to the back of the passenger side with a lot of water. I had over a quart of water under my carpet.  You won't see all the water because the carpet has a plastic back and it's not until the water floods up the edges that it soaks the carpet.  The images below show the location of the tube exiting under the car as well as interior views. You can clear the tube with a blast of compressed - probably from under the car, but your carpet pad may be totally soaked so you will have to lift it to dry it out, I cleared the tube with compressed air once I accessed it inside the car. Drying out the carpet can't be done from the top of the carpet due to the carpet backing being plastic/resin coated. The images below should help in understanding the scope of the project. Getting the carpet pulled back involved taking off some trim pieces, the covering under the glove box, removal of the passenger AC vent cover, and yanking up the rear seat to access carpet clips. Everything was held on with plastic clips - no screws.

2005 Lexus LS 430 wet floor boards ac evap drain plugged.jpg

2005 Lexus LS 430 wet floor boards ac evap drain plugged (1).jpg

2005 Lexus LS 430 wet floor boards ac evap drain plugged (2).jpg

2005 Lexus LS 430 wet floor boards ac evap drain plugged (3).jpg

2005 Lexus LS 430 wet floor boards ac evap drain plugged (4).jpg

2005 Lexus LS 430 wet floor boards ac evap drain plugged (5).jpg

2005 Lexus LS 430 wet floor boards ac evap drain plugged (6).jpg