Replace Front Rotors

Trying to replace front rotors on 97 ES300. Took wheel and caliper off, but could not get the hub off the shaft. Is a special tool/pulley required?

The rotor comes off the hub and is most likely sturck. Try tapping the rotor with a hammer to break it loose from the hub.

Trying to replace front rotors on 97 ES300. Took wheel and caliper off, but could not get the hub off the shaft. Is a special tool/pulley required?

The rotor comes off the hub and is most likely sturck. Try tapping the rotor with a hammer to break it loose from the hub.

Thanks, but how do you get the hub off the axle?

On my 2002 ES300 the rotors can be removed by !Removed! a bolt into the hole that is visible on the rotor. If you look closely at the rotor you will see 2 threaded holes, find a screw that will thread in those holes, keep tightening that bolt and the rotor will "pop" off. Hitting it with a hammer will not help, trust me, I was confused until I figured it out. Sorry, I don't know what bolt size you will need, I just grabbed a bunch of them until I found one that fit. Good Luck!

On my 2002 ES300 the rotors can be removed by !Removed! a bolt into the hole that is visible on the rotor. If you look closely at the rotor you will see 2 threaded holes, find a screw that will thread in those holes, keep tightening that bolt and the rotor will "pop" off. Hitting it with a hammer will not help, trust me, I was confused until I figured it out. Sorry, I don't know what bolt size you will need, I just grabbed a bunch of them until I found one that fit. Good Luck!

Firewalker: Very good suggestion! I never thought of the pressure release holds in the rotors. Never had to use them on my '98 ES300. Just a tap on the rotor with a hammer and mine just popped off.