Air Hissssss

05GX470

Hi all, newbie here...We just bought a 2005 last Sat. and I noticed that the car will lower down all by its self after I park ( with a hiss), not very much just a little..on Fri. I drove my wife to work and when we stopped at a red light the we felt the car go down about 3 times. I called the dealer and will take in on this coming Fri. They said they don't know what this can be. Has anyone had this prob.? :blink: Thanks..

When you park, you are suppose to hear a hiss, thats the air suspension bleeding out the air. The rear air suspension is also self leveling, were you go going over hills when you felt the suspension go down at a red light, is you rear height control in the N mode?

Anyhow, it doesnt hurt to have the dealer look at it, it could be a rear height sensor. There have been quite a few owners who had the sensor replaced.

Good Luck

When you park, you are suppose to hear a hiss, thats the air suspension bleeding out the air. The rear air suspension is also level leveling, were go going over hills when you felt the suspension go down at a red light, is you rear height control in the N mode?

Anyhow, it doesnt hurt to have the dealer look at it, it could be a rear height sensor. There have been quite a few owners who had the sensor replaced.

Good Luck

Hey thanks, Yes it is in N mode..I'll still have it checked out, just for my peace of mind.. :rolleyes:Were still getting used to the car..

What seems to confuse me is if it just randomly adjusts itself.. Yes it should adjust if the surface isn't even, but aside from putting the car in park and leaving it, the only other time I know the GX should lower it's suspension is if someone opens a door (at any moment while the vehicle is on) because it means that it's helping the passengers load and unload with ease or enter and leave the vehicle at a lower level. But as mentioned, just have it checked out to be double sure. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...