Keyless Entry Remote ..how Much To Replace?

300man

..anyone know what it costs to replace the keyless entry remote. Car we bought did not come with it..thanks

Try ebay too. They're usually on there. The car is actually programmed to accept the remote, so it doesn't matter where the remote came from, as long as it's compatible.

HELP..!! lol My manual states my '94 300ES has a remote FCC of HYQ1512A ..My question is: I have found several used ones with a different last LETTER.. such as P or etc.. Do I have to have excatly the letter "A" ?? the rest of the number matches the used ones I found..thanks..Its hard to call the lexus dealer over 110 miles alway & get put on hold for the parts or service dept....

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it definitely needs to have the same serial number as the original remote, the last letter included. I also wouldn't recommend buying a replacement off ebay unless it is uncut...I bought a used key for my 96 ES and programmed it myself with instructions found in this forum (the remote works great), but unfortunately later found out after several visits to various locksmiths that the blade could not be replaced. Hope this helps, good luck!

• 1 month later...
Yes, it definitely needs to have the same serial number as the original remote, the last letter included. I also wouldn't recommend buying a replacement off ebay unless it is uncut...I bought a used key for my 96 ES and programmed it myself with instructions found in this forum (the remote works great), but unfortunately later found out after several visits to various locksmiths that the blade could not be replaced. Hope this helps, good luck!

im glad i found out on this forum before buying, this mechanic messed up my key paid to have it replaced but i figured maybe i can get a cut one from ebay, replace the blade with my old blade, but you're saying this isnt gonna work? the blade on my key now does come off cortousy of it being messed up so i figured maybe i can do the same

• 1 month later...

anyone know what a new key cost for a 2000 ES300? i think the car i may buy this week only comes with one key. i didn't even get a good look at the key as it was dark here...is it a single key/fob, single piece of hardware?

anyone know what a new key cost for a 2000 ES300? i think the car i may buy this week only comes with one key. i didn't even get a good look at the key as it was dark here...is it a single key/fob, single piece of hardware?

Not sure of the cost of the key/remote, but, IF you haven't made the 'deal' yet, let the dealer know that you want a minimum of two keys/remotes (and get this in writing) before you sign anything!

Been there. . . done that.

I watched my dear old Dad tear up a check for $34,000+ over a set of keys, and he 'walked'. This particular dealer couldn't believe that someone would cancel a deal over a couple of sets of keys.

The next dealer was very pleased to make him two sets of keys and sell him a $34,000+ car!

Granted. . this was several years ago, on a 1996 Buick Roadmaster LTD. That car (today!) has less than 16,000 miles on it!