50k Maintenance Experience - 2002 Rx300

Dave_02RX300

I haven't posted in over a year -

Took it in for the 50k maintenance: for about $230, they did the oil and oil filter, air cleaner, safety inspection, checked the works, and rotated the tires. Pricey. I passed on the cabin air filter, since this is so easy to do myself (and there's about a zillion posts here for those who doubt that).

In addition, the following was done (required) - and since I own a CPO (warranty 3years or up to 100k mi), the following was done for FREE:

Of course, I had to list these items out for the dealer - basically I said "can you fix the following":

1) replaced lighter assembly - it was not able to run a cell phone or other device (or heat the lighter).

2) replaced upper and lower rear boots on the struts - the rubber boots were cracked or torn

3) replaced the radio motor and antenna assembly - I explained to them how it was making a bad noise, and that didn't seem right.

The warranty items would have been about $850, according to the paperwork. Nice that it was warranty and free.

That's about it.

-Dave