1992 Ls 400 I Want To Tune My Car

carascod2000

i need to locate my wires and spark plugs on my 92 ls400 somebody help please

They are under the cover that says "V8 FOUR CAM 32" on the driver bank and in the same place on the passenger bank. The wires are under the large plastic cover behind the upper radiator hose and under the 2 covers that are in front of each cylinder head. There are a few things that need to be removed before you can do the wires and plugs. You can use Platinum plugs OEM, the new Iridium high cost plugs will not run any better.

They are under the cover that says "V8 FOUR CAM 32" on the driver bank and in the same place on the passenger bank. The wires are under the large plastic cover behind the upper radiator hose and under the 2 covers that are in front of each cylinder head. There are a few things that need to be removed before you can do the wires and plugs. You can use Platinum plugs OEM, the new Iridium high cost plugs will not run any better.

Thanks

I dont agree with the plug comment, I would only use Nippon Denso plugs. If it was a BMW then fine go with the Bosh Platinums.

Be very careful when removing all the plasic parts off because after many years they can be fairy fragile. Take your time when doing it. You will also notice the new wires are going to be a little longer than the stock ones. When putting it back together be very careful not to pinch a wire or cut it. I have dont this with my 94 LS and had to take it a part 3 times before getting it right. Take your time and dont get in a hurry, if you do I promise you will make a mistake. It can be done with limited mechanic skills but just need to take your time. Oh and be sure and ony do one wire/plug at a time.

Here's my 2 cents. I messed around with aftermarket wires and it was a hassle. I bought the wires at Napa where I get a discount through my work and the wire set still cost $95. I got so frustrated with the aftermarket set that I went to the dealer. The wire set is pre-dressed with new guides and it took about 6 minutes to install them. I expressed my frustration with the aftermarket set to the Lexus parts guy and he gave me a break on the price at $113. Well worth the extra $18. Yes, I returned the aftermarket set.

Good luck and have fun.