1995 Lexus Sc300 Vs. 1995 Toyota Supra Not Tt

BlurrySC300

OK guys, found a Supra that I might get...possibly...turning 18 here next month and it's time to get another car...dad won't let me drive the Mustang due to no airbags...so, I have a question: What is the difference between the SC300 and Supra non-TT? My dad works at Lexus of Austin and say's , "It's not the same car." Anyone know anything that proves him wrong or just want to give some tidbits of info?

Your help is very appreciated as always.

--John

Different looks. Toyota Supra is faster b/c lighter (about 300 pounds), Lexus SC300 is more comfortable (more insulation = more weight). Possible insurance difference. For some reason the SC300 is tested at 225 hp @ 6000 rpm while the supra is 220 @5800 rpm, even though they have the same 2jz-ge engine (It could be the airbox or exhaust). Supra is about 2 inches lower and one inch wider, but the SC300 is about 14 inches longer. Supra is a liftback (hatchback) while SC300 is a coupe. I don't think any of them have wings/spoilers.

Supra's road grip is better due to it's 225/50ZR16 Front, 245/50ZR16 Rear tires (1996). SC300 is 225/55VR16 all four wheels (1996). So basically the rears on the supra is wider than the front so the car will understeer a lot unless you do some weight shift or power oversteer. But then again the weight distribution is good 51/49 compared to SC's 54/46.