Replaced Battery - Cd Player Won't Work

PEREZSTIGERS

I REPLACED MY CAR BATTERY YESTERDAY. I HAD 6 CDs IT THE CD PLAYER. NOW WHEN I TURN MY CAR ON, IT MAKES NOISE IN THE CD PLAYER AS IF CHANGING CDs. IT DOES THIS FOR ABOUT 5 SECONDS AND STOPS. IT IS NOT RECOGNIZING THAT IT HAS CDs IN IT. I CANNOT CHANGE OVER FROM RADIO TO CD. IT IS NOT RECOGNIZING EJECT, LOAD OR EVEN THE "CD" BUTTON. THE RADIO ITSELF DOES WORK. DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS OR IF THERE IS A WAY TO RESET THE RADIO?

PEREZSTIGERS, If the Lexus is like my last Toyota, there is a reset code that needs to be entered to get the head unit to work properly again (it is a theft-deterrent). I do not remember off the top of my head what needs to be done to reset it, however, someone here probably knows.

You can also take it to the dealer and they will know.

Finally, please refrain from TYPING IN ALL CAPS. It is considered to be rude (yelling). Many times you will not get a reply if you type in that manner.

Good luck.

Thank you.

I have contacted the dealership.

I was trying to avoid that if possible because but I will have to take it in.

Thanks for the CAPS info. I was not aware of that. I do not do instant messaging and this is the first forum I have ever posted on.

Thank you.

I have contacted the dealership.

I was trying to avoid that if possible because but I will have to take it in.

Thanks for the CAPS info. I was not aware of that. I do not do instant messaging and this is the first forum I have ever posted on.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting Per our esteemed member amf1932 , The code should be the last 4 digits of your vin# or the last 4 digits of your key code. :cheers:

When my CD player was jamming, I heard disconnecting the negative to the battery for about 10 minutes could solve the problem. It didn't, and then my CD player seemed to have the same problem you're experiencing (not recognizing CDs, acting confused). If you take apart the CD player and take the CDs out manually it seems to work fine again. Except mine re-jammed itself haha but it was busted in the first place.

Here's the link: http://my.is/forums/2997488-post18.html

When my CD player was jamming, I heard disconnecting the negative to the battery for about 10 minutes could solve the problem. It didn't, and then my CD player seemed to have the same problem you're experiencing (not recognizing CDs, acting confused). If you take apart the CD player and take the CDs out manually it seems to work fine again. Except mine re-jammed itself haha but it was busted in the first place.

Here's the link: http://my.is/forums/2997488-post18.html

wow thanx fo da website!! that help alot and was easy to follow!! thank YOU!!