Sc300 Shuts Off While Driving.

Howiesjh

Ok my 95 SC300 has been a very good car except for the 2 problems it has had ok here it is... I will be driving down the road and it will just randomly shut down.... Now I can put it in neutral and turn it right back on most the time but not always but its just a pain and kinda unsafe if I was turning or stopping... Now the other problem I had was the car wouldnt always turn on... Now I found that there was a loose wire to the starter and now that works fine. But still the turning off problem is still there I took it to a shop but they couldnt get it to do it while it was there ... GO figure... haha but yeah also another thing it does it sometimes I will get into the car and it wont seem to have enough juice to turn on I will open the hood jiggle the battery some and it will turn right on now I change both the clamps to the Posotive and Negative terminals but still no luck it still sometime doesnt have enough juice and sometimes it looses the power all together becuse I am constantly having to set the clock and radio stations over and over....

Now I tried to use the Search link on the forums but it is beyond unhelpful so plz if anyone has any ideas as to what this could be pllzzz help out thanks.

Ok my 95 SC300 has been a very good car except for the 2 problems it has had ok here it is... I will be driving down the road and it will just randomly shut down.... Now I can put it in neutral and turn it right back on most the time but not always but its just a pain and kinda unsafe if I was turning or stopping... Now the other problem I had was the car wouldnt always turn on... Now I found that there was a loose wire to the starter and now that works fine. But still the turning off problem is still there I took it to a shop but they couldnt get it to do it while it was there ... GO figure... haha but yeah also another thing it does it sometimes I will get into the car and it wont seem to have enough juice to turn on I will open the hood jiggle the battery some and it will turn right on now I change both the clamps to the Posotive and Negative terminals but still no luck it still sometime doesnt have enough juice and sometimes it looses the power all together becuse I am constantly having to set the clock and radio stations over and over....

Now I tried to use the Search link on the forums but it is beyond unhelpful so plz if anyone has any ideas as to what this could be pllzzz help out thanks.

now about this problem, I have the same thing going on.at first I thought it was just the starter,then I switched it and it was still acting up.can anyone please help us with this problem? I have a 92 sc3oo.is this a common problem on sc's?

Start by inspecting ground cables for loose or corroded connections. And not just the battery ground cable. There are many under hood and through the car. Don't know exactly which point is causing your problem, but bad grounds can cause headaches. Good luck.

You might be having a Fuel Pump ECM problem. I got a used one from a 1995 sc400 (Wrecked) for $50.00.

The symptoms are that you can be on the highway running at speed and the engine just shuts off. Pull over to the side and wait a minute or so and it starts up and runs just fine. One time after stopping at a store it just would not start when I came out (It cranked OK, but not start) I waited a couple of minutes and it started OK.

<_<

You might be having a Fuel Pump ECM problem. I got a used one from a 1995 sc400 (Wrecked) for $50.00.

The symptoms are that you can be on the highway running at speed and the engine just shuts off. Pull over to the side and wait a minute or so and it starts up and runs just fine. One time after stopping at a store it just would not start when I came out (It cranked OK, but not start) I waited a couple of minutes and it started OK.

<_<

Ahh yes I had that problem in my 89 honda but its diff with the lexus when it turns off and you try and turn it back on it doesnt act like its trying to turn on by like making alittle noise it just looses power all together and wont turn back on most the time until i get under the hood and jiggle the battery some.

hi Howiesjh, can you describe more specific about the shut down? because i have similar symptom before. However, it happens when the going down the hill and stop. Do you have another symptom when the car is idle and the rpm is not stable??