2008 Nav Update -- No "i Agree" Button!

I took delivery today of my 2008 RX400h and I am happy to report the "I Agree" button has been removed in version 7.1 of the NAV system DVD. Now, instead of the disclaimer, you will get a splash screen for 5-10 seconds that basically states be careful and dont play with this while driving, then the system will automatically switch to the MAP screen.

Also, for those wondering, you can NOT enter information while driving, this only removes the annoying "I Agree" button which was normally present at start up. :cheers:

I took delivery today of my 2008 RX400h and I am happy to report the "I Agree" button has been removed in version 7.1 of the NAV system DVD. Now, instead of the disclaimer, you will get a splash screen for 5-10 seconds that basically states be careful and dont play with this while driving, then the system will automatically switch to the MAP screen.

Also, for those wondering, you can NOT enter information while driving, this only removes the annoying "I Agree" button which was normally present at start up.:cheers:

I'm wondering whether this 7.1 Nav disc will update and work much in the same way the other Nav Discs, IOW if we can upgrade with improved map detail / info. Also, I'm curious to know if the .kwi file can be cut and pasted to a 7.1 Databased DVD and burned to a DVD Dual Layer (had succes with the previous version).

I still like the fact that I can override the destination inputs with the volume / DVD bypass sequence, and find that extremely practical with car in motion. Everything except dialing from screen, NOW that really blows on the Lexus Navi system and is COMPLETELY unacceptable.

Cheers

MadloR

P.S. if anybody needs any help or feedback on how to burn your own .kwi version of the DVD so as to work with the volume bypass sequence drop me a pm.