Can Camry Brake Pads Fit On 2002 Es300?

thapranksta

No, they are different. I beleive they were Sumitomo brake pads. But if I were you, I would go to either Hawk or EBC greens for the same money, and get a much better brake pad. ( Better stoppong , less brake dust and much quieter.) You could get them for around 45 bucks for the fronts and change them yourself.

No, they are different. I beleive they were Sumitomo brake pads. But if I were you, I would go to either Hawk or EBC greens for the same money, and get a much better brake pad. ( Better stoppong , less brake dust and much quieter.) You could get them for around 45 bucks for the fronts and change them yourself.

I got my wife breathing on my back so I just went ahead and agreed to get raped at the Toyota dealership for OEM pads. I've never changed brake pads myself. Don't you have to resurface the rotors? I might give it a try on my Camry.

You can take the rotors in and have them done for like 10 bucks.

IMO, the only reason to replace or cut the rotors is if they are warped. my 95 camry and the 00 es300 go thru rotors, but i also tow a 5x8 trailer.

30- 50 mph, hit the brakes aggressively. does the wheel shake? if so, get rotors. I got the $30 cheapies and they seemed fine. haven't priced the Lex rotors yet.

changing the pads is easy. wheel off, med to large screwdriver, pry the pads apart a bit. the bottom bolt in front or rear calipers comes off (i'm pretty sure),

the caliper rotates out of the way. don't stretch the brake line!

get the piston back into the caliper w/ the screwdriver earlier, or I use channellock pliers (or c-clamp). new pads in place, rotate the caliper in place, replace bolt. done.

check brake fluid level before/after. excess could spill out (turkey baster to remove fluid). top off fluid after you stomp the brakes a few times.

drive easy for a couples to seat the pads.

always a good idea to look at the manual for assisitance thru the process.

rotors are just a little further. I think you have to pull the caliper mounting bracket to get the rotor off. check the book.

2 more big bolts (17mm [11/16"] ?) which will be tight.