Thumping Noise

kosi

This might sound trivial, but when I accelerate quickly after stopping I hear a thump in the trunk. It's not really loud, but you can hear it when the radio is off. It happens during sudden take-offs and sudden stops. There's nothing in the trunk that could be making that noise, and the spare tyre is secure. I am going to mention it at my next service, but I wanted to know if anybody's noticed anything similar, so I can save time by pinpointing exactly what it is. It sounds like something relatively heavy is moving around in the trunk lid or something...

That having been said, it's a beautiful car. I love it!! I am not a big fan of how it surges (downshifts when you slow down sometimes). There are times when you feel it moving without a corresponding increase of pressure on the gas pedal(when you slow down). I am getting used to it, although I feel like Lexus can overcome this phenomenon. It kinda seems like it has a mind of its own sometimes. I used to drive an '07 3.5 SL Altima with CVT before the Lexus, and I am thinking maybe the CVT spoilt me a bit. The upshifts are perfect, it's just that surge that happens when downshifting sometimes, when you apply the brake and take your foot of the brake intermittently.

Thanks!!

This might sound trivial, but when I accelerate quickly after stopping I hear a thump in the trunk. It's not really loud, but you can hear it when the radio is off. It happens during sudden take-offs and sudden stops. There's nothing in the trunk that could be making that noise, and the spare tyre is secure. I am going to mention it at my next service, but I wanted to know if anybody's noticed anything similar, so I can save time by pinpointing exactly what it is. It sounds like something relatively heavy is moving around in the trunk lid or something...

That having been said, it's a beautiful car. I love it!! I am not a big fan of how it surges (downshifts when you slow down sometimes). There are times when you feel it moving without a corresponding increase of pressure on the gas pedal(when you slow down). I am getting used to it, although I feel like Lexus can overcome this phenomenon. It kinda seems like it has a mind of its own sometimes. I used to drive an '07 3.5 SL Altima with CVT before the Lexus, and I am thinking maybe the CVT spoilt me a bit. The upshifts are perfect, it's just that surge that happens when downshifting sometimes, when you apply the brake and take your foot of the brake intermittently.

Thanks!!

Its the gas sloshing around in the tank!