Looking To Buy An Is300 Need Some Input Please

Steve17

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a Lexus IS300. I have a few questions. How are these cars in the snow? The car is going to be used as a daily driver and it is rwd. I was looking at this car here... http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?...leadExists=true

That seems like a good price. I'm also woundering how the liability is on these cars. Is it expensive for maintenace and what is the warranty. I saw some with 100k mile warranty.

Also how is the handling of these cars as well. Basically im looking for this car to last me a good 3 years.

Sorry for all the questions im just a newbie with these cars. I'm coming from a Acura RSX and a Honda S2000.

Thanks alot guys, much appreciated

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a Lexus IS300. I have a few questions. How are these cars in the snow? The car is going to be used as a daily driver and it is rwd. I was looking at this car here... http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?...leadExists=true

That seems like a good price. I'm also woundering how the liability is on these cars. Is it expensive for maintenace and what is the warranty. I saw some with 100k mile warranty.

Also how is the handling of these cars as well. Basically im looking for this car to last me a good 3 years.

Sorry for all the questions im just a newbie with these cars. I'm coming from a Acura RSX and a Honda S2000.

Thanks alot guys, much appreciated

Well, as far as how they handle in the snow, I wouldn't have any idea as I live in Florida. But it has an electronically controlled transmission and it has a "snow" button on it. Which I would imagine helps limit the torque and improve traction. That and traction control with a limited slip differential would make me think it would work just fine.

I'm also woundering how the liability is on these cars. Is it expensive for maintenace and what is the warranty. I saw some with 100k mile warranty.

liability? or reliability? The 2JZE motor is awsome!!! One of the best reputations around, and probably one of the best motors Toyota ever made.

In terms of expensive maintanance, I don't think it is. Parts might cost more because it's a Lexus, but scheduled maintanances are the same as any other car in general.

I'm coming from a Acura RSX and a Honda S2000.

Oh are you in for a treat. The S2000 while a great looking car, and fun to drive, not the most comfortable. And the RSX is just to tiny. Now your gonna have a car that's just as fun to drive, more room than the RSX, and comfortable, and runs like silk, and so refined, yet very sporty attitude.

...and i live in texas... so i have snow idea either... bum bum ching....... but i have played with the snow button and a mud puddle.... and the traction control says "NO... that's a bad matt!" but the cars are amazing, i absolutely love it.... you should definetely buy it.... those are the crappy looking rims in my opinion, but a good deal none the less.... looks to be an aftermarket nav setup as well.... good stuff.... good stuff....

-matt

...and i live in texas... so i have snow idea either... bum bum ching....... but i have played with the snow button and a mud puddle.... and the traction control says "NO... that's a bad matt!" but the cars are amazing, i absolutely love it.... you should definetely buy it.... those are the crappy looking rims in my opinion, but a good deal none the less.... looks to be an aftermarket nav setup as well.... good stuff.... good stuff....

-matt

yea i like the 5 or 6 spoke rims not sure which it is, i like those better, the aftermarket navi is what i was planning on getting anyway when i got the car.

all i need to know is how these handle in the snow, then i will probaably pull the trigger on one.

is there any thigns i should get checked out on a used one, anything particular, as far as maintance goes since its at 30k miles? brakes? belts?

-matt

yea i like the 5 or 6 spoke rims not sure which it is, i like those better, the aftermarket navi is what i was planning on getting anyway when i got the car.

all i need to know is how these handle in the snow, then i will probaably pull the trigger on one.

is there any thigns i should get checked out on a used one, anything particular, as far as maintance goes since its at 30k miles? brakes? belts?

Pay the money for your own carfax. On that report will be where the car was purchased. Then you can call the dealership and give them the vin and they can run a service report for you. That will tell you if anything needs to be done. There is a 30k mile major service. Costs around $700.00. If it hasn't been done, I would negotiate that into the deal.

Also, when you get the carfax, look for when the car was deliveredto the dealership, and when it was issued registration after purchase and how many miles was reported at that time. ( Make sure it wasn't a demo.)