Oil Leak Under My Ls

The Pir@te

Hello to every lexusER..

I noticed recently an oil leak under my car.. I tried to follow it up and I took this picture..

DSC03334.jpg

what can it be.

** It started when I changed the oil from the AC Delco 3000K to the new 7000k; does it matter.

Car is doing now 275k+ 91 model.

Appreciate any help..

With the recent service, it sounds likely that something wasn't tightened properly. Get under there and check the fuel filter and the oil pan plug. Be sure you have a good washer under the plug. Look around them carefelly at their seat and see if there is any leakage apparent.

I have a '91 LS also and have noticed an oil leak. Mine is on the top of the engine though and is because of a bad valve cover seal. It makes it smoke sometimes out of the hood and burning oil smell after shut off. It also leaks out of the bottom.

Check and see if that is your problem, otherwise I would go with the fact that you probably have a loose oil plug or filter. I work in a shop and I know that when we're in a rush, sometimes those plugs don't get tightened completely.

Hope that helps.

After you check all that, wipe it clean, may just be residual oil when they did the change, if so, it should dry up quick.

The other friend that has a valve cover leak, try tightening evenly in a cross pattern the valve cover it might work, it has for mine and adding a little no leak oil sealant makes wonders for seals.

CPR