Need Help Quick!

NewGuy19

I went to fill my car up today but I could not open the fuel door to fill up. The lever inside the car to open the door will not do anything. I pulled it 50 times but still nothing happens. There is a tab in my trunk that says pull to open fuel door. But when I pull on it nothing happens. I really need help quick. I am just above E on the gas gage so I can't drive it anywhere before I get it fixed. Please any advice is needed.

I went to fill my car up today but I could not open the fuel door to fill up. The lever inside the car to open the door will not do anything. I pulled it 50 times but still nothing happens. There is a tab in my trunk that says pull to open fuel door. But when I pull on it nothing happens. I really need help quick. I am just above E on the gas gage so I can't drive it anywhere before I get it fixed. Please any advice is needed.

I had this happen once. I pushed on the door over the gas cap a couple times and felt something pop...then the next time I pulled the level on the dash, everything worked fine. Hope that helps.

The tab in the trunk should "always" work. I don't believe it has any electrical components to it, and is just a straight wire to release set-up. If you can't open your fuel door with the trunk tab, then theres a few possibilities....

Is the spring that "opens" or "pushes" the door open still in tact? If not, you may be pulling the release and it may not be opening.

Is it jammed, do you hear any noises when you pull the tab or the driver side switch?

Last, but not least...

Are you pulling on the trunk release?

Those would be my three main guesses, but if your trunk tab isn't working then something is messed up inside the actual door. (ie. gum, snapped spring, bent release/catch)

Hey thanks for all the help. After !Removed! around for a few hours, I pulled the switch and it worked that time. I tried the release tab in the trunk but nothing happens. It seems like the wire on it is stuck or something. I think I'll take it appart and clean everything and change the spring on the latch when I get a bit of free time. Thanks for all the help. I now know what I need to do if I ever run into this problem again.