New Member, Need Audio Help On My Sc4

Hello all, i have a 1992 Sc400 i got from my dads fiancee, her old car and it is in amazing condition for its age. Just got a new timing belt and new serpentine belt put on and a new transmission not too long ago. I was messing around with the bass and speaker balancing and i noticed the rear right speaker is out and the rear left speaker is staticy at high volume. What i want to do is put a new head unit in but i cant find any that will fit right, i think i need a mounting bracket or something? I want a double din but a single din will be fine. If anyone has done this please give me some help on it. I took out the wall thing in the trunk to look under the speakers and i cant see any wires so i dont know how to fix them. I am looking at getting some subwoofers for the trunk in the future. And i want to make sure i get the speakers fixed before i install those.

All help is appreciated, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

hey what kind of stock system is in your sc? is it the Nakamichi? I had the Nak. system in my car and replaced all the speakers and head unit after i blew the stock amp. I got mine installed at Ultimate electronics and they had to build a custom bracket for the head unit. almost all head units should work for your car. if you need the rear speakers i have the stock ones still

• 3 months later...
hey what kind of stock system is in your sc? is it the Nakamichi? I had the Nak. system in my car and replaced all the speakers and head unit after i blew the stock amp. I got mine installed at Ultimate electronics and they had to build a custom bracket for the head unit. almost all head units should work for your car. if you need the rear speakers i have the stock ones still

how much did that run you?

I took out the wall thing in the trunk to look under the speakers and i cant see any wires so i dont know how to fix them. I am looking at getting some subwoofers for the trunk in the future. And i want to make sure i get the speakers fixed before i install those.

All help is appreciated, thanks.

Vortes92SC400, The speakers are most likely blown, the connections to the speakers are located in the link below.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...c=36346&hl=