Sc300 Heat Is Stuck On

sjc6765

I have a 93 sc300,, the heat is stuck on,, the only way to not have warm air blowing is to have the system off and the air on recirc. all controls seem to be working, I can select max cold,, but it is still warm. I am thinking something with the heater core,, but would like some advise from others who might have experienced this before. Thanks,,

Steve.

I have a 93 sc300,, the heat is stuck on,, the only way to not have warm air blowing is to have the system off and the air on recirc. all controls seem to be working, I can select max cold,, but it is still warm. I am thinking something with the heater core,, but would like some advise from others who might have experienced this before. Thanks,,

Steve.

There's a small square shaped vent thingy on the dash near the keyhole area, it's hard to explain but it's positioned in front of your right knee... behind that small vent there's some sort of temperature sensor thing... when I installed my alarm I forgot to plug that thing back into it's harness and I experience the same thing you did. Try that, maybe it's causing your problem.

If anyone can reply with the actual name of the parts I'm referring to, it would help LOL

Steve.

There's a small square shaped vent thingy on the dash near the keyhole area, it's hard to explain but it's positioned in front of your right knee... behind that small vent there's some sort of temperature sensor thing... when I installed my alarm I forgot to plug that thing back into it's harness and I experience the same thing you did. Try that, maybe it's causing your problem.

If anyone can reply with the actual name of the parts I'm referring to, it would help LOL

hey man i had the same problem with mine.

i only had the car for two weeks before putting it in storage for close to 9 months so i didnt want to spend the time or money.

i just pulled the fuse. i know that aint the answer u need but atleast i hope it helps u stop sweating till u figure it out.