Header/exhaust Combo Q's

heyoceanfloor

yeah, that looks good. the chrome is in good shape. You can generally tell if they ran it hard by how much purpling the header has. Tanabe knock off is kinda " whatever" , but 400 is a good price for both the header and the exhaust. In the box he's showing new header gaskets, but I have a feeling you will need new ones. The bung's look good to.

he's probably gettin ready to sell the car. Most people like it stock when buying it, and the exhuast and headers don't make it worth anymore anyway. So if he sells them seperate, he gets more $$$ in the end. That's how I've done it in the past. The only thing I think you may want to ask is if he had to cut the pipes to fit or do any bending. It should have fit ok without having to do that. but sometimes if your using your exsisting down pipe, it's hard to make it all fit the way they send it. He only showed a picture of the header off the car, and not the exhaust. That's the only reason I bring it up. The header is a Toyo knock off also. Hmmmm, he is probably having trouble selling it. If I were you I would offer him 300 for it. You can get a real exhaust and header for just under 600. The fact that they are used and knock off's, means they aren't worth that much. Make him pay for shipping also, or at the most split it with him.

since they're knockoffs... are they even worth going for? or am i ultimately wasting my money? i wanna do it right the first time.

thanks for all the help with this smooth, I really appreciate it :)

EDIT:

I asked him if he's willing to go to $300 including shipping

and i might go for the avic.. I found this as far as installing goes ( http://www.isfanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230 ) and if i can get the balls i might attempt it.

since they're knockoffs... are they even worth going for? or am i ultimately wasting my money? i wanna do it right the first time.

EDIT:

and i might go for the avic.. I found this as far as installing goes ( http://www.isfanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230 ) and if i can get the balls i might attempt it.

To be honest, I would have to see the system in person to really tell. But if money is tight, and like you said, you wanna do it right, than I would just get cat back system new and skip the header for now. You can get an HKS Dragger for around 300 bucks. Then in a little while I would get a CAI to go with it. And I will have a UNI chip for sale in a few weeks that I will probably let go cheap as I won't be needing it. ( it is brand new also.) So you can retune the ECU for the higher air flow. This way you can do it a little at a time and end up with some real go fast.

He said that 300 is "WAY too low" so I think I'll take your advice smooth and just stick with what I've got for now. I'm doing the 60k maintenence this weekend and i'll put a new drop in filter and think about that exhaust.. i'll take that chip off your hands when you decide to get rid of it!

EDIT:

As for the AVIC, yo bro, if you can any way swing it, my advice is do it like you were spending someone else money bro!!!! hell ya. I love my AVIC. I have put alot of stereos in cars, for me, friends, and countless customers. It is by far one of the best out there. You will not be unhappy with it.