Thinking Of Buying An Is350, But I Have Some Questions.

Basically, I'm getting sick of the (lack of) service at my current Acura dealership, and the corresponding lack of support from their toll-free customer service line. I've got a 2007 TL Type-S with a defective transmission, it frequently won't let me shift into 3rd gear. After five trips to the service department, they finally witnessed/acknowledged the problem, previously they were unable to recreate it. They called corporate and responded by telling me to wait until the end of the year, or the beginning of next year. So, if they're not willing to work with me, I'll probably be forced to lemon it. This has been going on for months, and while I'm a patient person, I believe a company should stand behind their product.

I have test driven the IS250 (with a manual transmission, and I believe the sport package/suspension) and the ES350. Coming from the TL-S, I'm accustomed to a well-balanced diet of sport-performance and luxury. I feel that the ES350 is just too luxurious, and not sporty enough. The IS250 is too under-powered. My fear of the ES350 is that the sport-tuned suspension and automatic transmission won't agree with me.

If anyone with an IS350 with the sport-tuned suspension has driven the TL-S and could tell me how they compare with respect to handling, I'd like to hear it. Also, how does the transmission feel? Is it slow to react? The ES felt slow to react, but I know it's supposed to be a softer ride..

Also, is their anyway to change the nav system's voice so that it comes out of both front speakers instead of just the driver's side kick panel? The TL uses the center channel (from it's dvd-audio system) for all nav/voice-recognition audio, which makes the lexus feel off-balance.

I've read a bit about the Lexus' and the IS350s, I saw the thread about the cold engine noise issue, but what other dark secrets does the car hold?

Thanks

I'm not sure on the nav question, having not ordered with Nav... but possibly if you get the ML audio system it'd use the center speaker (siince the ML system has one).

As to handling, just drive one. I test drove a TL-S, and it was nice, but the IS350 was better in pretty much every regard... better interior, better features, better power, and being RWD, much better handling without the annoying torque steer. The TL-S does a nice job for being FWD, but you just can't beat physics... steering with the drive wheels just isn't a good design.

Basically, I'm getting sick of the (lack of) service at my current Acura dealership, and the corresponding lack of support from their toll-free customer service line. I've got a 2007 TL Type-S with a defective transmission, it frequently won't let me shift into 3rd gear. After five trips to the service department, they finally witnessed/acknowledged the problem, previously they were unable to recreate it. They called corporate and responded by telling me to wait until the end of the year, or the beginning of next year. So, if they're not willing to work with me, I'll probably be forced to lemon it. This has been going on for months, and while I'm a patient person, I believe a company should stand behind their product.

I have test driven the IS250 (with a manual transmission, and I believe the sport package/suspension) and the ES350. Coming from the TL-S, I'm accustomed to a well-balanced diet of sport-performance and luxury. I feel that the ES350 is just too luxurious, and not sporty enough. The IS250 is too under-powered. My fear of the ES350 is that the sport-tuned suspension and automatic transmission won't agree with me.

If anyone with an IS350 with the sport-tuned suspension has driven the TL-S and could tell me how they compare with respect to handling, I'd like to hear it. Also, how does the transmission feel? Is it slow to react? The ES felt slow to react, but I know it's supposed to be a softer ride..

Also, is their anyway to change the nav system's voice so that it comes out of both front speakers instead of just the driver's side kick panel? The TL uses the center channel (from it's dvd-audio system) for all nav/voice-recognition audio, which makes the lexus feel off-balance.

I've read a bit about the Lexus' and the IS350s, I saw the thread about the cold engine noise issue, but what other dark secrets does the car hold?

Thanks

Have had my IS350 for over a month, I can't think of a better car in it's class. It is a Hot Rod and handling is great. (Just dusted a 350Z from 0 t0 60) Sorry the Nav bothers you that much