Acc Cabin Filter Revisted

silverspoon

My first post, so be gentle ALL !! :rolleyes:

I have been looking at the posts regarding some of the self maintenance items that I might be able to do. One of these should be fairly simple and that is replacing the ACC Cabin Filter. From the posts that I DID READ....none of them seamed to address the SC430 specifically. The question I have is that I have already located the 2 plastic objects inside my glove compartment. Should I turn them toward the front of the car....left side clockwise...right side counter-clockwise to remove...and secondly, should I be able to remove these by hand ? I do not want to damage them as they are plastic !!

Appreciate the information....if anyone has photos or additional information it will be very much appreciated.

I just purchsed a 2003 SC430....65K....Millenium Silver...BEAUTY !!!

Thanks again !!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been looking at the posts regarding some of the self maintenance items that I might be able to do. One of these should be fairly simple and that is replacing the ACC Cabin Filter. From the posts that I DID READ....none of them seamed to address the SC430 specifically. The question I have is that I have already located the 2 plastic objects inside my glove compartment. Should I turn them toward the front of the car....left side clockwise...right side counter-clockwise to remove...and secondly, should I be able to remove these by hand ? I do not want to damage them as they are plastic !!

Appreciate the information....if anyone has photos or additional information it will be very much appreciated.

Thanks again !!

Both plastic pieces turn 90 degrees (top toward front of car) and then pull out of the sides and the glove compartment falls free. They are not screws and can be turned easily by hand. Once the glove compartment is down, the cover to the filter can be removed by pulling gently on the tabs with your fingers. The filter and cover are marked with an "UP" arrow for reassembly.

• 5 months later...

Thanks again !!

Both plastic pieces turn 90 degrees (top toward front of car) and then pull out of the sides and the glove compartment falls free. They are not screws and can be turned easily by hand. Once the glove compartment is down, the cover to the filter can be removed by pulling gently on the tabs with your fingers. The filter and cover are marked with an "UP" arrow for reassembly.

It is exactly as described above. It took less than 5 minutes.