Key Fob

kosi

I am usually good at figuring things out, but I need a pointer. I have a 2007 ES 350. There's an AM/SAT button that doesn't switch to SAT even when I press it for a few seconds. I had XM in my previous ride, but had to cancel the subscription because I lost the ride. Now that I want to re-activate the account, I can't get it to work. Is it necessary to have the dealer activate it somehow?

Secondly, since I'm the car's second owner, the second key fob somehow never made it to me. I have called the dealer and was quoted $344 for a new one. I'll get it if I absolutely have to, but if I can save some money, that'll be nice. It's quite pricey. Any idea about prices in your area? I've seen a couple on ebay ($150) that could probably be programmed at my dealers', but the mechanical key has to be replaced.

Thanks!

The Sat button only works if the car has the XM radio kit installed. Sounds like the car doesn't have the XM system installed. Easiest way to tell would be to see if you see a satellite antenna mounted on the car or in the car. Dealer would install the antenna on the trunk, but some owners prefer mounting on the rear deck by the rear glass.

The Sat button only works if the car has the XM radio kit installed. Sounds like the car doesn't have the XM system installed. Easiest way to tell would be to see if you see a satellite antenna mounted on the car or in the car. Dealer would install the antenna on the trunk, but some owners prefer mounting on the rear deck by the rear glass.

I don't have it in either place(at least I haven't seen it), so I take it the kit needs to be installed. What's a good estimate for installation?

Also, are there any nice navigation hook-ups to take a look at? Pictures would be great. Thanks!