Why Wont My Keyless Entry Lock/unlock My Door?

I have a Gs300 99 and i have both keys, but it would not unlock/lock my doors, the light on the keyless entry key light up but it just would not unlock/lock the door.............. basically my keyless entry dont work, any help?? do i have to reprogram it or something???

yup, sounds like a reprogram is due... if you can source a shop manual i believe it shall give you step by step procedures to fix or even diagnose your problem. Dealerships take advantage of peoples unwillingness to do some research and do it themselves so they would charge you an arm and a leg.

qpdo

yup, sounds like a reprogram is due... if you can source a shop manual i believe it shall give you step by step procedures to fix or even diagnose your problem. Dealerships take advantage of peoples unwillingness to do some research and do it themselves so they would charge you an arm and a leg.

qpdo

I just did it, reprogramed it myself , kinda easy!!!.......thanks though

• 2 weeks later...

Hey GooseSedan,

How did you do it?! By the way, did you mean that the remote won't open the driver's door only or all doors?

I have the same year GS300 too and my remote opens and locks all three doors except the driver's door.

If your issue is similar to mine, please let me know how you did it. Thanks!

Jimmy

• 2 weeks later...

does the car door locks even make a noise when you unlock or is it completely dead? i have a 98 gs300 and i have a similar issue...it seems like the keyless entry only works when the tempature outside is cool...here in Southern Cali it doesnt get too cold so im always having issues with my keyless entry.

• 3 months later...
does the car door locks even make a noise when you unlock or is it completely dead? i have a 98 gs300 and i have a similar issue...it seems like the keyless entry only works when the tempature outside is cool...here in Southern Cali it doesnt get too cold so im always having issues with my keyless entry.

Is your problem fixed? I have the same problem: when the weather gets hotter, my rear right door won't lock/unlock using the remote. Here in Dallas, weather seems always hot. Now every time I go to a public place, I have to walk around and do a manual check for the problematic door. What a pain.

Simple thing maybe - is there a switch under the dash to switch it off - heard a rumour there is a switch under steering column bottom of dash that deactivates the key less system - this obviously applies to the "new" keyfob system. alternatively we have a few cases in the UK of remotes stopping when near to radio masts / electric garage doors.

alternatively we have a few cases in the UK of remotes stopping when near to radio masts / electric garage doors.

i had a nightmare when i parked up at morrisons, the car would simply not lock or unlock via fob. i knew it must of been a mast somwhere, so just locked it manually. once i was home, it worked fine.

• 4 weeks later...