Mirror Glass Replacement

bmontuor

I just had the pleasure of returning to my 2004 RX330 and finding the glass in both side mirrors surgically removed. Absolutely no damage was done; all the connectors seem fine. I was surprised to see that the glass was attached to the housing with what appears to be double sided tape or adhesive in a few spots.

I've been searching the net to see if I can purchase the glass only and have found one option for the glass. "newlexusparts" has the entire mirror assembly for $390 and the glass only for $296 each. Can this be right? Anybody know where else I can find the glass?

Thanks for your help and I look forward to participating in this forum going forward.

Bill

I saw that on ebay, too. The entire used assembly goes for around $30 to $60. Even though I only need the glass, it's better than spending $300 a piece. I figure if they can remove them in a parking lot in broad daylight, I should be able to remove them in my garage.