This Is Ridiculous

ranger

I finally got myself a Lexus. True it's a 99 but it has only 60k miles on it and was only used by a snowbird who came here during tour season the Lexus dealer was very nice and I had a pleasent experience. ONLY...

No manuals for the damn car. No extra key they had to order one. Can't find an RX300 manual online unless I want to but it which I don't.

Now I can find lots of other manuals, even a replacement POH for a Cessna 210 (owners manual for a plane) so why not a Lexus.

So if anyone can point me to a database of manuals I would appreciate it. After all if I can find a pilots jandbook for a 40 years old plane I should be able to find one for an 8 year old car.

Ja~ne

I finally got myself a Lexus. True it's a 99 but it has only 60k miles on it and was only used by a snowbird who came here during tour season the Lexus dealer was very nice and I had a pleasent experience. ONLY...

No manuals for the damn car. No extra key they had to order one. Can't find an RX300 manual online unless I want to but it which I don't.

Now I can find lots of other manuals, even a replacement POH for a Cessna 210 (owners manual for a plane) so why not a Lexus.

So if anyone can point me to a database of manuals I would appreciate it. After all if I can find a pilots jandbook for a 40 years old plane I should be able to find one for an 8 year old car.

Ja~ne

Were I you I would go out and buy myself several dozen rabbit's foot lucky charms for good luck.

Looks as if the previous owner dumped your RX300 with almost perfect timing. Due to a factory design flaw the '99 RXes are highly prone to premature transaxle failures at about 70-80,000 miles.

Ja~ne, have you tried logging on to the Lexus website? I think you can download a pdf. file of the users manual, (or portions of it). Also, the dealer should be able to order you one, (usually gratis if they are interested in retaining you as a repeat customer!) Good luck.