Lexus Shouldn't Do This

i have a 99 gs300 that idles at about 1500 rpm for a couple of minutes when you start it wether it is hott or cold. i took it to the dealer and they said they cant find anything wrong with it. does this happen to anyone else???

thanx

try lubricating the throttle and foot pedal. Could be sticking when you last turn off the engine. Try tapping the foot pedal before you start the car to see if it does the same thing. Throttle may be sticking just enough that when the engine starts, the vibration kicks it back to idleing position.

i have a 99 gs300 that idles at about 1500 rpm for a couple of minutes when you start it wether it is hott or cold. i took it to the dealer and they said they cant find anything wrong with it. does this happen to anyone else???

thanx

try lubricating the throttle and foot pedal. Could be sticking when you last turn off the engine. Try tapping the foot pedal before you start the car to see if it does the same thing. Throttle may be sticking just enough that when the engine starts, the vibration kicks it back to idleing position.

thank you i will try that