Navigation System Directions Unreliable - Rx330

I'm very frustrated with the navigation system on my 2005 RX330, and I feel like a sap for having paid good money for it. (I'm surprised I'm not seeing many complaints about this on the forums.) The system gives wrong directions while navigating. For example, I exit for a break while going west on I-70. Everything is fine at this point. When I go to return to I-70, the nav system directs me to go east instead of west. Another example is while traveling down a US highway and it constantly tells me to turn right when there's not a crossroad in sight. It works fine about half the time, but I find little value in that.

The dealer updated the map data as a customer satisfaction move, which I appreciate, but the navigation software is simply unreliable.

I'd like to hear from others that might be experiencing this problem and whether or not there is a fix availble.

Does the map on the sreen show a crossraod when it is saying to turn right? And when you said about going west and then returning it told you to go east, can you explain a little more? Did you have a destination programmed into the nav? Did you turn the car off and then come back and turn the car on and resume the same route?

I'm very frustrated with the navigation system on my 2005 RX330, and I feel like a sap for having paid good money for it. (I'm surprised I'm not seeing many complaints about this on the forums.) The system gives wrong directions while navigating. For example, I exit for a break while going west on I-70. Everything is fine at this point. When I go to return to I-70, the nav system directs me to go east instead of west. Another example is while traveling down a US highway and it constantly tells me to turn right when there's not a crossroad in sight. It works fine about half the time, but I find little value in that.

The dealer updated the map data as a customer satisfaction move, which I appreciate, but the navigation software is simply unreliable.

I'd like to hear from others that might be experiencing this problem and whether or not there is a fix availble.

1. Which entry ramp for the I-70 is this occurring? What state? Does the highlighted route show the correct path but just the voice is inaccurate? Do you have the Compass or North Up mode selected. The compass is located in the upper left hand corner of the map screen.

2. Please verify that the 'Allow Freeways' is selected under Route Preferences. If 'Allow Freeways' is not selected it will direct you off of the freeway at every exit ramp.

3. Did you delete your last route guidance? If you do not delete the last route it will ask to 'ADD TO' or 'REPLACE' when you input a new destination.

4. Have you reviewed the owners manual?