Factory Ipod Integration...coming Soon...

This is already here in the aftermarket area.

fully integrated glovebox iPod® adapter

- digital sound through car speakers

- fingertip iPod® control via audio system or steering wheel-

mounted controls (where fitted) ------ On my system, the Ipod menu is actually on my car nav, screen and I use touch screen to navigate through the play lists, and start, stop and pause all looks like your looking at the iPod itself.

- car audio system display shows current playlist, current track

and time elapsed*

- glovebox adapter keeps iPod® out of sight

- adapter charges iPod® if battery runs low**

- adapter matches stereo and iPod® volumes

And I can watch movies from my ipod on the nav screen while driving, and have a destination loaded in nav. giving me directions. Not to mention the ton of other things it can do that stock nav systems never even consider being able to do. So maybe in a couple of years, the stock nav systems will have Ipod interfaces, but will still be sooooooooo far behind the tech curve.

Yeah, but to be honest, the aftermarket still drives the "stock" systems to get better. For many many years, a couple hundred bucks can get you way more than you can buy in a stock entertainment system. The Pioneer Avic-D3 has voice directed nav, with 3 map views, plays dvd's, ( while in drive), xfm, sirrius, am/fm, Ipod interface with Ipod video, rear camera, color display control, tuoch screen everything, full eq, sub woofer control with phase control, dsp settings, 2 audio/video inputs so you can add a playstation or xbox, and an audio/video output so you can have another screen in the vehicle and watch a dvd or playstation all from the same head unit----cost, $900.00 Lexus's and Mercedes, BMW, etc.etc. don't offer half those features and charge 3x's as much!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah, but to be honest, the aftermarket still drives the "stock" systems to get better. For many many years, a couple hundred bucks can get you way more than you can buy in a stock entertainment system. The Pioneer Avic-D3 has voice directed nav, with 3 map views, plays dvd's, ( while in drive), xfm, sirrius, am/fm, Ipod interface with Ipod video, rear camera, color display control, tuoch screen everything, full eq, sub woofer control with phase control, dsp settings, 2 audio/video inputs so you can add a playstation or xbox, and an audio/video output so you can have another screen in the vehicle and watch a dvd or playstation all from the same head unit----cost, $900.00 Lexus's and Mercedes, BMW, etc.etc. don't offer half those features and charge 3x's as much!!!

Smooth1 - considering you have that awesome system already, if you were to buy a similar system for another car would you go with the same Avic-D3 or would you go with a newer one? I see Pioneer has several models and the D3 is the lowest priced of the in-dash nav units. Is there anything in those that you wish you had? I'm trying to make decisions about what to do with my soon-to-be new Lexus.

Also, can any of the 2008 Lexus models have their factory stereos replaced or will some of the 2008 models be too difficult to modify?

Thanks