Hi,just Bought Lexus Harrier Drove 300 Miles-oil Droped To The Minimum

indiana77

Hi,Just bought Lexus Harrier 300 miles oil droped to the minimum!!!

Every morning get massive amount of smoke out of the exhauster which is white!Engine management indicator is flashing and the dealer just told me today thet timing belt slipped or snapped and the engine was repaired valves,Heads Roe?Don`t know what to do with the 98 year lexus!He is going to fix it which I doubt and I was givven 3 months warranty!I`m devastated!Is this car worth fixing it and is there hope that engine will work ok after being fixed?

• 2 weeks later...

Every morning get massive amount of smoke out of the exhauster which is white!Engine management indicator is flashing and the dealer just told me today thet timing belt slipped or snapped and the engine was repaired valves,Heads Roe?Don`t know what to do with the 98 year lexus!He is going to fix it which I doubt and I was givven 3 months warranty!I`m devastated!Is this car worth fixing it and is there hope that engine will work ok after being fixed?

I just bought a 2002 RX-300 with 67000 miles and had it do the same thing. It blew through 4 quarts of oil in 3000 miles. The dealership said it was a "clogged PCV valve" which caused the case to overpressurize and blow THAT much oil through the rings and out the exhaust.

Anybody else ever had this problem and does it seem plausible???

I just bought a 2002 RX-300 with 67000 miles and had it do the same thing. It blew through 4 quarts of oil in 3000 miles. The dealership said it was a "clogged PCV valve" which caused the case to overpressurize and blow THAT much oil through the rings and out the exhaust.

Anybody else ever had this problem and does it seem plausible???

Yes - I once owned a 88' Dodge 5.2 - PCV Valve Failed Closed and I burned a quart of oil in 600 miles - the engine also ran very badly as the excess oil passing the rings lowered the octane of the fuel and I experienced considerable spark knock - took 2 months to find the problem - 10 minutes and less than $5 to fix -