New Owner--how 2 Tell If Adj Suspension Works?

bwoods

I just bought a '96. It has the adjustable suspension. When I turn it on "high," visually it doesn't do anything. Is it supposed to raise it a little bit, or am I misinterpreting the manual? Does it just firm up the suspension? The manual sure makes it sound like it is supposed to raise it. How do I know if it is working?

I just bought a '96. It has the adjustable suspension. When I turn it on "high," visually it doesn't do anything. Is it supposed to raise it a little bit, or am I misinterpreting the manual? Does it just firm up the suspension? The manual sure makes it sound like it is supposed to raise it. How do I know if it is working?

yeah, when it is on 'high' the car raises up a little bit. also firm up suspension in sports mode.

BTW, do you know the previous owners replaced any of the 4 air shocks? FYI, each one cost over $1,000.00 ; When to tell they are bad? the car will sag to the corner of the bad air shock; usually you will see it in the morning. Be aware!! :o

yeah, when it is on 'high' the car raises up a little bit. also firm up suspension in sports mode.

BTW, do you know the previous owners replaced any of the 4 air shocks? FYI, each one cost over $1,000.00 ; When to tell they are bad? the car will sag to the corner of the bad air shock; usually you will see it in the morning. Be aware!! :o

So if it doesn't raise up, it doesn't work? Bummer! I don't know if any of the shocks were replaced, but I the car doesn't sag.

I used to have a '91 LS with air suspension (right rear air shock failed at 69K miles ! that when I learnt my lesson :( ) and there is not really that much difference with the normal or sports mode ride to me.

Well ; to who ever thinking of getting a LS: STAY AWAY FROM THE AIR SUSPENSION OPTION, regardless how good the car looks! Otherwise, sooner or later it will cost you big time!

I'm a bit worried now. :unsure:

The front air shocks on my 92 will sink if left undriven within a 24+ hour period. But start it up and the suspension will go back to normal height.

At one point, it was permanently stuck on "HIGH" and I somehow managed to coax it back to normal. Somehow.

I'm a bit worried now. :unsure:

The front air shocks on my 92 will sink if left undriven within a 24+ hour period. But start it up and the suspension will go back to normal height.

At one point, it was permanently stuck on "HIGH" and I somehow managed to coax it back to normal. Somehow.

your front air shock already no good (leaks) if sink after 24 hours.