Another Use For Integrate Cell Phone Area?

widowmaker03

Has anyone tried mounting a device other than a cell phone in the Integrated Cell Phone armrest area?

I was thinking about mounting my Sirius Stiletto 100 inside the armrest because I like the clean OEM look.

Any comments?

I think you would be happier if you mounted your sat radio on a console or bracket where it is visible and easily accessed. Do you really want to open your console lid and look down and far away from the road when you are changing stations or looking at a song title on your sat radio? It's a safety issue.

Kuda has an inexpensive console for your car and Pro.Fit has a nice, compact and cheap swivel bracket also made for your LS400. Other companies sell mounting consoles and brackets too.

You can see a Kuda console and a Pro.Fit bracket in this photo from the gallery: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/uploa...7_131_24292.jpg

Personally, I think it is a PITA to mount anything you need to use very often in the center console -- the phone in my first LS was in the center console for 10 years and I was stunned when I found how much handier a phone was when mounted out in the open.

I like the OEM look too but I have to be practical and safe.

Has anyone tried mounting a device other than a cell phone in the Integrated Cell Phone armrest area?

I removed the integrated cell phone, and installed my Data Systems air ride controller in there where it is discreet but easily accessible.

Also mounted the switch to toggle between CD changer input and MP3 input--the input cable also lies in there so it's out of the way when not in use.

1990LS400,

You are probably right. I was just thinking about the would-be thief breaking into my car just to get my Stiletto 100. I also made the assumption that I could still change stations with the remote.

I guess I'll have to test with the console armreast up and down.