Nakamichi Error 3

astix

:o I just tried to eject my two year old's favorite CD from my wife's 99' LX 470 and I got an "Err3" code. All attempts to get any of the CDs to play or eject get an "Err3" code. The manual does not give any description for what "Err3" means. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks, Albert

I'm afraid to inform you that the CD player is jammed and will need to be either replaced, or taken out and sent for removing the corrupt CD's. I just had 2 cd players replaced in the last 60 days!! It is a very tempermental unit and I've decided to incert or remove CDs only when I'm parked. I'm alos looking to replace the factory unit and upgrade with an in-dash DVD along with rear headrest videos, I had an earlier post on a upgraded stereo that a few member showed some very cool audio-video products.

Good Luck

Kevin

Thanks,

It sounds like it might be better for me to upgrade my wife's in-dash CD player to a DVD player as well. Our second child will be born this Friday so she could use a DVD player anyway. Can you tell me where to find information regarding the upgrades? Thanks, Albert :D

I just took my wife's radio in yesterday for that same error. I took it to:

http://www.carstereohelp.com/

It's local for me, but they do a lot of internet business. I'll let you know what the diagnosis and cost is.

BTW, my second child (son) was born May 15th and I have a 3 1/2 year old daughter. Best of luck with the new baby! Get some sleep now!!!