Avg Mpg (display)

Hey guys,

When does the AVG MPG Display (the little display between the mph and rpm) reset? Is this since I bought the car avg? or per trip or what?

Mine has been on 22.7 for at least a month now. It hasn't moved. I drive to work the same everyday for the most part, but on the weekends I do different things, I would expect to see it change. The MPG Tank one works fine, I can see for this tank what my MPG is, but when does the AVG one reset? or does it not and that's lifetime?

Thanks

Jeff.

Hey guys,

When does the AVG MPG Display (the little display between the mph and rpm) reset? Is this since I bought the car avg? or per trip or what?

Mine has been on 22.7 for at least a month now. It hasn't moved. I drive to work the same everyday for the most part, but on the weekends I do different things, I would expect to see it change. The MPG Tank one works fine, I can see for this tank what my MPG is, but when does the AVG one reset? or does it not and that's lifetime?

Thanks

Jeff.

The AVG MPG can be reset through the user options menu, you know, the small <> buttons next to the left side of the steering wheel.

If you have not reset it, then it probably would be the average mpg since the day the car was produced.

It takes a while for any change to the AVG MPG to be noticible because it is the overall history since the last reset.

22.7 is not bad, I only get 18.6.

Frankly, I don't trust any of these figures related to gas_ at least in my IS 250AWD). I fill the tank and drive the car, that's it. However, i tried so many times to track the numbers displayed but I found them inconsistent and nontrustworthy. Sorry, I disappoint some.