Break-in Period

What does Lexus recommend for the engine break-in period?

The engine of your new Lexus vehicle is made with industry leading precision and quality. As a result, the break-in procedures listed in the Owner's Manual for a brand new Lexus are optional. While following these procedures may help to optimize engine performance and engine longevity over the life of the engine, these potential benefits are marginal compared to the benefits that result from ensuring that recommended maintenance is performed as scheduled.

Go to Lexus.com and register in the owners section so that you'll have access to a myriad of information that will help you answer many questions.

went there and registered... Well I tried searching through the manual can someone direct me to the page thats one damn thick Owners manual. I also tried looking at the index in the back too...

Go to Lexus.com and register in the owners section so that you'll have access to a myriad of information that will help you answer many questions.

went there and registered... Well I tried searching through the manual can someone direct me to the page thats one damn thick Owners manual. I also tried looking at the index in the back too...

I was told 500 miles

I was told 500 miles

I got 500.. do i hear 750? lolz.. Does anyone know? OR what page its on in the manual?

It's in the owners manual posted in the PDF files above the forum. It's been posted in numerous threads here. It's also in the paper manual you get with the car.

Breaking in your new Lexus

To extend the life of the vehicle, the following precautions are recommended to

observe:

For the first 186 miles (300 km):

Avoid sudden stops.

For the first 621 miles (1000 km):

• Do not drive at extremely high speeds.

• Avoid sudden acceleration.

• Do not drive continuously in the low gears.

• Do not drive at a constant speed for extended periods.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...ost&id=3754