Help! Speaker Problem, Tried So Much Stuff

MikeMiel

my sc400 has pioneer speakers. All of the speakers work except for the passenger speakers (both the 4 inch and tweeter are popping). I did a test from the wire coming from the door str8 and it was doing a popping noise with various speakers so i know its not blown. First there is NO sound at low volumes, but when you crank it up real high, the speaker starts popping with the beat of the music. WHAT IS THIS????!!! I read somewhere that I might have to replace the wire that goes from the head unit to the door. This sounds like a lot of work. How do i do this (open the head unit, run the wire?) PLEASE HELP. Thank you,

mike

my sc400 has pioneer speakers. All of the speakers work except for the passenger speakers (both the 4 inch and tweeter are popping). I did a test from the wire coming from the door str8 and it was doing a popping noise with various speakers so i know its not blown. First there is NO sound at low volumes, but when you crank it up real high, the speaker starts popping with the beat of the music. WHAT IS THIS????!!! I read somewhere that I might have to replace the wire that goes from the head unit to the door. This sounds like a lot of work. How do i do this (open the head unit, run the wire?) PLEASE HELP. Thank you,

mike

Attached you will find a zip file containing the wiring diagrams & wiring locations for your SC. The easiest way to get to the wires for testing may be thru the trunk. Open your trunk & remove the main panel between the backrest & the trunk (you will also see the fuel tank). You will see the main wire harness running along the right side of the trunk to the cd changer & the power amp. When you remove the black wire harness cover you will see all the wires. Match up the color coded wires with the diagrams to determine which are the front right speaker wires. You may want to tap into the pertinent wires at this point with test wires & run them outside of the vehicle directly to the speakers in question (front right) to determine if indeed the speakers or the wiring is at fault. Hopefully this info will help get you started in finding the problem.