Should I Buy This Car

ej5068

i am new to this forum and i am from shanghai in china ,in our city ,es350 cost us a lot of tax so its price is nearly 530000 rmb ($ 69960).

so we admire guys in america,you can get the cheapest cars in the world .i have booked a es350,but gs300 is also great and it cost 630000($ 83160),do you think i should change my mind ?

our city also afford china-made bmw 5 series and 530 is about 670000($ 88400) 525 is about 560000($ 73920).

my last car is honda accord and i feel i pay 2 times the price but i can not get the same worth of enjoyment .

so do you think i should change my mind ,buy a gs or other kinds of cars .

no matter what ,i am a fan of lexus .

please help me ,a hesitating man in china .

my english is poor ,thanks for reading it .

If your a fan of lexus then that eliminates the BMW.

The diffrence between the GS and ES is rather simple, the GS is rear-wheel drive with a 3.0L V6 engine 245 horsepower 0-100Kmph in 8 seconds, while the ES is a front-wheel drive with a 3.5L V6 engine displacing 272Hp 7 seconds to 100Kmph.

The GS is the sporty high-end lexus compared to its baby brother the IS. While the ES is lexus baby luxury comfort vehicle who's older brother is the LS.

For me i choose the ES cause i found its looks more appealing to me and the comfort was an important factor as the GS has a much smaller interior cabin space than the ES and the GS is bound for a face lift anytime soon with their engines being changed GS350 and GS460, while the ES will have the same looks till 2010 and prolly a minor change in their front and rear lights at that time, but the good news is, it only has 1 engine.

So really it is up to you.

thanks ,what you said is really useful to me

i dirved all the three cars this morning for a test .

to es350

i feel the steer is too easy to spin ,do you know what i mean(my english is so poor,sorry :cries: )

i feel the steer is too loose and if i drive too fast (over 140 km/hr) ,the car will not run stable ,it will turn left or right gradually.

you have the same car ,do you have the same feeling??

ps how much did you get your es????

I am like you, i yet have not received my ES350. It will arrive on the 5th of september hopefully and it will be a 2008 model with the panoramic sunroof.

I test drove the ES and many many many competitors, basically it was for me either an ES, Mercedes C-class or Audi A6 2.4

The choice from there was *BLEEP* easy, the ES had the highest resale value, had ALLLOT of options which the C-class offers in their high end C350 which costs $$$ more than the ES and the A6 2.4 while being a good car to drive, belive it or not the ones we have does not even have memory seats .

So the ES provided me with all the options you would only get in a german flaghship, a panoramic sunroof (S-class anyone?) and just amazing quality.

The light steering that you are talking about is common in all Lexus vehicles, thats what makes driving them soo fun and no if you go over 140 nothing will happen to you. I test drove the car till 220Kmph at it was great, the steering is speed-sensitive i belive so as u go faster the steering becomes little more harder and besides the car has traction, vehicle stability control, ABS, Brake assit and EBD. So dont worry about driving fast, lexus is not stupid to produce a car that might loose its balance over 140, before they produce any car expect them to have it go through some hard test under many conditions.

I bought the ES350 Ultraluxury for 47,000$.

I live in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

and the GS is bound for a face lift anytime soon with their engines being changed GS350 and GS460, while the ES will have the same looks till 2010 and prolly a minor change in their front and rear lights at that time, but the good news is, it only has 1 engine.

This doesn't make any sense. The GS is a brand new vehicle, debuting in 2006. The previous GS went 3 model years before a minor refresh and then another 4 years before a new design. So the GS will likely get a slight refresh for the 2009 or 2010 model year. The ES is only one year newer than the GS.

The engines being changed doesn't have anything to do with it.

This doesn't make any sense. The GS is a brand new vehicle, debuting in 2006. The previous GS went 3 model years before a minor refresh and then another 4 years before a new design. So the GS will likely get a slight refresh for the 2009 or 2010 model year. The ES is only one year newer than the GS.

The engines being changed doesn't have anything to do with it.

You miss understood me, i am saying in comparison the ES is better as you dont have to worry about any engine changes, compared to the GS300 ( in most countries other than the US, there is no GS350 yet, there is just GS300 and GS430) and there are plans to release the GS350 when the GS460 is made in production as there was no point in releasing the GS350 along side the GS430 as it will totally destroy the target market for the GS430 as the GS350 is more powerful in terms of Hp to the GS430.

The changes that will happen to the GS therefore will be more dramatic than any change to happen on the ES350, please dont argue with me on this point, search online and you will read all the expected changes on the GS and once your done reading them tell me that what i am trying to say makes no sense.

The changes that will happen to the GS therefore will be more dramatic than any change to happen on the ES350, please dont argue with me on this point, search online and you will read all the expected changes on the GS and once your done reading them tell me that what i am trying to say makes no sense.

The changes to the GS won't be any more dramatic than the changes to the ES a year later. Lexus follows a pretty strict schedule when it comes to how they refresh models. They do a freshening at 3 years, and then a replacement at 2-3 years after that for a total vehicle model life of 5-6 years. If anything the GS has been the exception to that rule and has stayed the same without any changes the longest, 98-05.

The GS absolutely does not have a "serious change" coming up. A "serious change" won't happen until at least 2011. The GS probably will get a mild refresh consisting of new trim, restyled lights & bumpers for model year 2009. The ES will get the same treatment in model year 2010. I will argue with you because you're giving out incorrect information.

So having the engine changed is not a dramatic change?

Nice....

I have read the specific changes on the 2009 GS but i cannot seem to be able to find that website again, read that and then tell me the changes that will be done are not dramatic.

I do not think that near-future "significant" change to either the ES or GS models is an issue. Both models will have only slight modifications for a number of years to come.

The important factor to me is that the GS and BMW are performance cars while the ES is a sedate and more comfortable ride. It has plenty of power and all of the features one wishes in a luxury autombile.

If you want the visceral thrill of diving in and out of curves, buy the GS or BMW. If you want a serene ride, buy the ES. Regardless of which car you buy, the quality of each should allow for better than average resale when you are ready to move on to a new car.

My choice is the ES350.

post-43353-1187698325_thumb.jpg

Nice....

I have read the specific changes on the 2009 GS but i cannot seem to be able to find that website again, read that and then tell me the changes that will be done are not dramatic.

I'll site an example: In 2002 Lexus came out with a new body style for the ES, and it was called an ES300. In 2004 they raised the HP slightly and rebadged it an ES330. They basically kept the ES's the same from 2002 thru 2006. So throughout this time frame I, as well as others NEVER considered these changes dramatic. The big deal is not a change in the engine size, but the re-design of the body.

Nice....

The engine is already changed...

What website are you reading this on? Lexus won't have released any information about changes to the 09 yet, they haven't even been finalized at this point. The 08s aren't even at dealers yet.

People will write tons of stuff about changes, none of it is ever true.