Is The Stars Align Tommorrow Could Be The Day

If the stars align just right then tommorrow my importer will find out the that exact car that I was that was sitting on the lot last friday in Florida will be sold to him and then the importation process will begin.

This is what I should be getting which is apparently extremely Rare.

is250 in 6 speed manual transmission with the X package with additional option (that also includes the premium package), zenons, leather, 18s etc...

You would not believe how hard it is to find this configuration. In canada they have only 1 unit is the ENTIRE county and its 500 km away in Ontario, and its a Demo that's green.

Apparently...AWD and Automatics are in demand in the North East, (due to the driving conditions, ice, snow etc).

So if all goes well my 5000$ cheque gets cashed tommorrow and the process begins.

For those of you in canada who are wondering if it is worth it to import a car from the US.

MSRP plus tax in my province is 54 800$ CDN

The importer will be getting it to me for 43 500$ CDN (all included, taxes, duties, federal tax, provincial tax, transport, exchange etc.)

Given that lexus dealers in canada barely budge their price, i;d say GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Speak to you all soon,

Schitzo in Montreal

apparently it's till there so the process should begin...

i tried to see if they would throw in the trunk lip spoiler, but the dealer wouldnt throw it in and said that he'd rather no as the ordering, installation etc could take up to a week?

anyways ill look at an aftermarket lip spoiler, hopefully this all works out.

eric.

• 3 weeks later...

unfortunaetly not, its an analogue dash and the miles appear above the Km. Also the odometer is in miles and the temp ratings are in Farenheight.

These are the 3 things that cannot be changed. Other cars like cadillac cts can be switched with one button.

Quite honestly, this is not a big deal given the amount of cash that can be saved when purchasing from the US (over 10K).

I am supposed to pick mine up today. I'll keep u posted.

Where are you located?

schitzo1978

Im thinking of purchasing a newr IS250 from the US.I live in Canada. My ? is regarding the speedometer and odometer.Is it a digital dash reading that has the option to select from mph to kph at the push of a botton?Thanks

I'm also planning on importing a US Lexus to Canada. I talked to the local lexus dealership that will be providing the warranty servicing and they told me not to change the instrument cluster (speedo) because I don't have to. I do know that the majority of used cars on our lots are american and that all of their clusters are changed at auction... therefore the public usually has no idea it was ever an american car.

Schitzo can you let me know if the RIV inspection wants your cluster to be changed?

btw what colour did you go with?