Annoying Noises....

Hi all,

I've got a 2001 GS430 with some noises...I think it's coming from the front wheels and I'm guessing it's the wheel bearings. However, I'm a bit confused. My left rear wheel bearing went bad a while back. It made an a humming noise, increasing to a peak around 35 mph and most notable while turning right it increase in volume then decrease when turning left or when I increased speed.

My front seems like it's making the same noise except for the fact it happens at higher speeds--closer to 45-50 mph and doesn't seem to increase or be more noticeable when I turn either direction. Does this sound like a wheel bearing problem to you? I kind of assumed since the rear went bad, then it doesn't seem unreasonable that the front's might go bad as well but I assumed it would happen at the same speeds and have the same characteristics as the rear. It's rather expensive to fix them without knowing if this is the issues or not so I'm trying to get some other, more experienced opinions.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

I've got a 2001 GS430 with some noises...I think it's coming from the front wheels and I'm guessing it's the wheel bearings. However, I'm a bit confused. My left rear wheel bearing went bad a while back. It made an a humming noise, increasing to a peak around 35 mph and most notable while turning right it increase in volume then decrease when turning left or when I increased speed.

My front seems like it's making the same noise except for the fact it happens at higher speeds--closer to 45-50 mph and doesn't seem to increase or be more noticeable when I turn either direction. Does this sound like a wheel bearing problem to you? I kind of assumed since the rear went bad, then it doesn't seem unreasonable that the front's might go bad as well but I assumed it would happen at the same speeds and have the same characteristics as the rear. It's rather expensive to fix them without knowing if this is the issues or not so I'm trying to get some other, more experienced opinions.

Thanks in advance!

Do you have aggressive tread pattern tires? or get new tires? Usually most complaints I get are a humming noise that ends up being the tires. A wheel bearing will groan louder when loaded, like when you turn side to side.

Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

Do you have aggressive tread pattern tires? or get new tires? Usually most complaints I get are a humming noise that ends up being the tires. A wheel bearing will groan louder when loaded, like when you turn side to side.

No, I have Yoko. Avid v4s I think. I've had the tire before with no noticeable noises....Thanks for you thoughts though...