90,000 Mile Service

Big D

My 2001 LX 470 is coming up on it's 90,000 mile service.

The quote from my Lexus dealer was $1,798. for 8 hours of servicing which included timing belt, water pump, all fluids, plugs, etc. etc. etc.

The quote from my Toyota dealer, which I occationally use, was $1,450 for similar, but not as comprehesive a service.

So my question is simple, are these quotes in the ballpark???

Thanks.

Perhaps and LX and LS are "apples and oranges", but last week I paid my favorite Lexus indie repair shop $1,417 (includes Kansas sales tax) for the 90,000 service on my LS. I excluded the oil change since I like to do that myself. The service included replacing the timing belt and water pump and changing all other fluids -- brake, coolant, transmission, differential. It included changing the engine air filter the HVAC filter. It did not include changing the spark plugs since the interval on a 2000 LS is 120K miles. The service included rotating and balancing the wheels, all the normal inspections and tightening of stuff, and a car wash and interior cleaning.

I've found that some Toyota dealers in the Kansas City area do not include water pump replacement in their quotes for the 90K service -- this makes their prices artificially low -- and also omit other items that are included in the Lexus service schedule.

Perhaps and LX and LS are "apples and oranges", but last week I paid my favorite Lexus indie repair shop $1,417 (includes Kansas sales tax) for the 90,000 service on my LS. I excluded the oil change since I like to do that myself. The service included replacing the timing belt and water pump and changing all other fluids -- brake, coolant, transmission, differential. It included changing the engine air filter the HVAC filter. It did not include changing the spark plugs since the interval on a 2000 LS is 120K miles. The service included rotating and balancing the wheels, all the normal inspections and tightening of stuff, and a car wash and interior cleaning.

I've found that some Toyota dealers in the Kansas City area do not include water pump replacement in their quotes for the 90K service -- this makes their prices artificially low -- and also omit other items that are included in the Lexus service schedule.

Thanks, that is very helpful.

D