Navigation Guidance Volume

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? This is my first Lexus, but I've had GPS in my cars since they first came out. With my other cars, whenever the guidance system has something to say (directions) it automatically dims the radio so that the guidance is audioble. While my lexus does that to an extent, it does not seem to lower th eradio sound enough and I end up not being able to hear th eguidance.

Also, is there a way to set the guidance to continue to give voice directions while in phone mode?

Thanks so m uch.

• 5 years later...

I’m disappointed that there are no more recent post/questions on this, like for a 2012/2013. I just traded my 2004 330-ES for my 2013 RX-350. One of the first things I noticed was that, unlike the 2004 ES, the volume of the radio/cd did NOT cut back when the nav system gave guidance. Very frustration that Lexus would see fit to do away with such a convenient feature. Any solution to this other than maxing out the Guidance Volume?