Getting The Right Air Intake (gs300)

Hey all, thanks for reading. I'm planning on getting a air intake for my 02 GS300. I'm wondering what the main differences are. I was looking on ebay and come up with a whole bunch for around a price of 100 bucks. Then I looked at the SRT website because I saw other users talking about those intakes and their prices are 450 bucks. Both air intakes look like the same thing. What, if any are the big differences? I'm wondering has anyone bought a intake of ebay and how did it work out for them? can you feel a difference in power? do you really get better miles per gallon?

Thanks for helping me out all.

srt comes with an ecu upgrade that tricks your car into thinking it has more air coming in and it is ok. the srt is what i have! it is the best bang for the buck. sounds the best and you can feel the performance gain! if you plan on going forced induction i'd save your money for that instead of forking out the money for the srt. however, you'll enjoy the ride much more with the srt intake! trust me.

srt comes with an ecu upgrade that tricks your car into thinking it has more air coming in and it is ok. the srt is what i have! it is the best bang for the buck. sounds the best and you can feel the performance gain! if you plan on going forced induction i'd save your money for that instead of forking out the money for the srt. however, you'll enjoy the ride much more with the srt intake! trust me.

Thanks for your response. I don't really have the bucks right now for the SRT, would it be worth it just to get a 80 dollar KN Ram air intake for now? Nice car by the way.

k&n is ok. just be careful. the srt has the ecu so that your Check Engine Light does not come on. Our mass air flow sensors are very sensitive. Intakes will allow more air in than usual but the maf will not understand what is going on.