Coastaletech Lockpick3

Has anyone installed the Coastaletech lockpick3 in a 07 RX400h? I can't get an email response or anyone but their hired answering service. Anyone have any other solutions for hooking up a Microsoft Zune player to the factory nav screen or radio? Seems everything out there is for IPOD.

Has anyone installed the Coastaletech lockpick3 in a 07 RX400h? I can't get an email response or anyone but their hired answering service. Anyone have any other solutions for hooking up a Microsoft Zune player to the factory nav screen or radio? Seems everything out there is for IPOD.

Sometimes it's because their email address . . . costaletech ... with an 'E' . . . gets inputted wrong, and they leave the e out. Another company owns the address without the e. At least that's what they told me.

Sometimes it's because their email address . . . costaletech ... with an 'E' . . . gets inputted wrong, and they leave the e out. Another company owns the address without the e. At least that's what they told me.

I actually managed to talk to them on my third reply. Just call during business hours. I was told that the standard LockPick 3 is the only solution for the 2007 RX400 with CD changer. I haven't order one yet since I read inconsistant results on the forums, especially for it's functionality and instalation ease, but may give it a try.

Ramy

• 2 weeks later...

But has anyone installed one yet if so how much trouble is it to install? I tried to get them to send me the installation instructions to see for myself but I never really got a straight answer.

But has anyone installed one yet if so how much trouble is it to install? I tried to get them to send me the installation instructions to see for myself but I never really got a straight answer.

Here's another thread, just below the one you clicked on.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=39896

Enjoy! The search tool can be your friend. :P One of the responses shows a video. You can see it's not big deal.

Even for simple folk, like myself.

I got my Lockpick 3 Basic and installed it in less than 10 minutes. All you need to do is to lift the cover where the spare tire tools are in the trunk to expose the back of the DVD (not the DVD changer in the instrument panel). I could only lift it few inches but enough to access the plug to plug the lockpick in. A true plug and play, and it works exactly as advertised - canceling the I agree screen and enabling the destination input while driving. Definitely worth the $100 if you ever need to enter destination while you drive.

Ramy

Here's another thread, just below the one you clicked on.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=39896

Enjoy! The search tool can be your friend. :P One of the responses shows a video. You can see it's not big deal.

Even for simple folk, like myself.

Ramy, I am very interested in the Lockpicks and am fed up with the restrictions as the car was delivered. But don't you need a more expensive version to allow full use of the system to include telephone capabilities en-route? (I'm not speaking of viewing DVDs etc., with a rear entertainment system.)

Tom

The more expensive ones which enables other functions are not suitable for the RX400h. They may be suitable for the 350, not sure. They are also a little harder to install. I found out the Lockpick 3 sifficient for me, if I want to make a phone call I can still use my phone for dialing and continue the conversation hands free.

Ramy

I had read somewhere the Coastaletech box would not work with the Mark Levinson + Nav option, as it keeps the nav data on a hard disk drive, rather than the DVD player in the rear. Can anyone verify that? If so, are there any other options available?

I had read somewhere the Coastaletech box would not work with the Mark Levinson + Nav option, as it keeps the nav data on a hard disk drive, rather than the DVD player in the rear. Can anyone verify that? If so, are there any other options available?

My Lockpick 3 basic working fine with my 2007 RX400 with the Mark Levinson DVD changer + Nav option and the latest NAV version (6 I believe). The only option my car does not have is the rear DVD but I doubt it matters.

Ramy