Custom Door Panels / Door Cards

nicoloco

Hi, guys! This is a tricky one, so please help me out :)

I have a 2002 Lexus IS 200, don't worry it's tuned to make up for the smaller engine :)

I am looking to mount a set of speakers and don't want to get messy with fiberglass and what not. I have a Focal 165 K3P-set, which consists of 2 6,5" speakers for each side + a 1" tweeter for each side. I have no problems with the tweeters, but I do however have problems with the mid-bass and mid-range speakers. The door cards usually fit 1 6,5" speaker on each side, I am now looking to mount 2.

My question is if anybody here knows where I can get a hold of custom doorpanels that fit this setup.

Please direct me where to look, I have tried google.

Apologize my crappy english :)

Focal, huh? nice stuff!

I haven't seen any custom door panels that were done for sale. All the custom applications were for a specific use. Especially for what your asking.

So, what I would do is convert the pockets in the rear doors for the mid-bass, and run the mid-range in the front door postion. Are you doing anything with the 6x9's on the rear deck lid also?

Hi, guys! This is a tricky one, so please help me out :)

I have a 2002 Lexus IS 200, don't worry it's tuned to make up for the smaller engine :)

I am looking to mount a set of speakers and don't want to get messy with fiberglass and what not. I have a Focal 165 K3P-set, which consists of 2 6,5" speakers for each side + a 1" tweeter for each side. I have no problems with the tweeters, but I do however have problems with the mid-bass and mid-range speakers. The door cards usually fit 1 6,5" speaker on each side, I am now looking to mount 2.

My question is if anybody here knows where I can get a hold of custom doorpanels that fit this setup.

Please direct me where to look, I have tried google.

Apologize my crappy english :)

Hey Nico, wondered where you'd gone. Have you stopped posting on the UK forum? You ought to speak to 'DJ Wozza' on UK LOC for the IS200 ICE install :cheers:

Focal, huh? nice stuff!

I haven't seen any custom door panels that were done for sale. All the custom applications were for a specific use. Especially for what your asking.

So, what I would do is convert the pockets in the rear doors for the mid-bass, and run the mid-range in the front door postion. Are you doing anything with the 6x9's on the rear deck lid also?

Yeah, I really like the Focal speakers!

I don't think placing the speakers in the doors will be a good way to go. Would like to place the speakers where I can hear them, as opposed to where I just find the place for them. I will be removing the speakers in the rear deck to provide a place for the air from the woofers to get in to the main cabin.

Focal, huh? nice stuff!

Yeah, I really like the Focal speakers!

I don't think placing the speakers in the doors will be a good way to go. Would like to place the speakers where I can hear them, as opposed to where I just find the place for them. I will be removing the speakers in the rear deck to provide a place for the air from the woofers to get in to the main cabin.

If you put both speakers in the front doors, I would try to isolate them from each other then. The acoustic back pressure inside the doors will only interfere with each other. That's why I suggested putting them in the rear doors. They would in effect have their own cabinet. And as for the rear deck, have you thought about just lowering the center arm rest and remove that skirt. You could build a thin frame out of wood and stretch a black acousticaly transparent fabric over it and fit it in there. That's what I did for mine. You can see the audio system I put in my car in the Dream Ride thread if you want. I get great bass, and I still get to keep the 6x9's in the deck.