Vacuum Hose Routing Diagram

I haven't seen the sketch you're referring to, but if you're asking what the vacuum controls...I think we'll need service manual to answer that one. It's definitely nothing that we want to be tinkering with.

In *much* older cars, a vacuum would control systems such as the Idle, Emissions/PCV, Transmission Shift Points, and Distributor Advance. Early Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, and Speed Control also depended on a vacuum system. Natrually, almost all of these have been replaced by electronic systems that are more accurate/effiecient/etc.

But as recently as 5 years ago I had a vehicle that I could hear the vacuum system work when I changed the A/C from the vents to the defroster. It was simply operating the plenum door to direct the air.

You may be able to think of other examples.

The one I'm referring to is a sketch on a piece of sticker stuck on the front end of internal side of the hood. To see it, open up the hood and if you're right at the centerline of the car it'll be over your right shoulder (this is for the 2006 250AWD). I'm not sure if this has somethng to do with control at all; i thought it may be used to vacuum something.

The one I'm referring to is a sketch on a piece of sticker stuck on the front end of internal side of the hood. To see it, open up the hood and if you're right at the centerline of the car it'll be over your right shoulder (this is for the 2006 250AWD). I'm not sure if this has somethng to do with control at all; i thought it may be used to vacuum something.

I think it's just there to show how the lines are routed so as to avoid placing one or more wrongly and having them get melted or whatever by engine heat.