Holeless Front Plate Install

I've finally been caught and decided to install the front plate without drilling into the bumper and it went like this.

Zip ties are the next best thing since duct tape!

1.jpg

Plate bracket was from a camry I think...dont quote me on that, just found it laying around the dealer. Drilled two holes in the bracket to accept the upper zip tie:

2.jpg

Some electrical tape...

3.jpg

didnt want to use a nut and bolt combo, hence the electrical tape to keep the zip ties from standing out:

4.jpg

Profile shot, doesnt line up but it doesnt bother me, I could have stuffed something behind the bottom of the bracket to push it out, but I was alright with the way it is.

5.jpg

Not bad.

6.jpg

I know it doesnt look stock by any means, but its better than drilling into the bumper! I like it, also I can clip it off easily for some nice photo shoots!

7.jpg

:cheers:

If you dont mind me asking, what did you tell the cop about your front plate? Im thinking about what i will say when a cop stops me and asks where my front plate is. It actually is in my trunk, but I want to know what to tell him about why it's not actually on.

bartkat - I need to find just the right bolt, something thats short, really thick and self tapping. If its too long then it'll start to hit the bumper, thats why I didnt want to use nuts because they'd be hitting the bumper.

uclaengr02 - I'm not afraid at all to drill into the bumper at all, working at the dealer for 7 years you get use to it and question why havent they come up with an alternative. I just really didnt want holes in the bumper.

DArustik - Cop said, I pulled you over because I noticed you didnt have a front liscene plate. So I said, Correct, I am waiting for a special plate bracket to come in so dont have to drill holes into the bumper. He came back and said get it installed as soon as possible. No ticket or anything.

I know it doesnt look stock by any means, but its better than drilling into the bumper! I like it, also I can clip it off easily for some nice photo shoots!
uclaengr02 - I'm not afraid at all to drill into the bumper at all, working at the dealer for 7 years you get use to it and question why havent they come up with an alternative. I just really didnt want holes in the bumper.