"hard Disk Error" On Navigation 1998 Gs 300? Help!

Hi all,

I am a newbie so I appreciate any help you can offer. I recently bought a 1998 gs300 with navigation. It worked for one day and the second day I turned it on and after I press "I agree" on the screen I get a "check hard disk error", I know that their may be issues with harddrive but it was working fine from one day to another!! could it be the nav disk? if it does turn out to be the hard drive how much are the replacements? the "stealer" said it runs about 5K for the whole system so you know that aint happenin!!

thanks for any advice..

anyone? any help will be great! :-)

Hi all,

I am a newbie so I appreciate any help you can offer. I recently bought a 1998 gs300 with navigation. It worked for one day and the second day I turned it on and after I press "I agree" on the screen I get a "check hard disk error", I know that their may be issues with harddrive but it was working fine from one day to another!! could it be the nav disk? if it does turn out to be the hard drive how much are the replacements? the "stealer" said it runs about 5K for the whole system so you know that aint happenin!!

thanks for any advice..

Try this. Remove the disk, remove the ground cable from the battery for a few minutes and reattach. Insert the disk and follow the insructions. You will have to reset the radio and seat presets.

thanks for the feedback! at the risk of sounding like a total dummy (Im a newbie so I get a pass!) where is the disk located? I have looked for it everywhere!!

Try this. Remove the disk, remove the ground cable from the battery for a few minutes and reattach. Insert the disk and follow the insructions. You will have to reset the radio and seat presets.